Discuss Is it only me that gets fussy customers! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Cat

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Fitted a 4 gang switch in a big bedroom, after i finished the lady came in and said "i don't like that" there are 2 switches, a gap and 2 more switches, i want the switches without a gap! OK i say i will change it for a grid switch.

By the bed is a 3 gang switch, 1 for wall lights, 1 for 5Amp sockets and 1 for down lights that are 2 way with the 4 gang switch. All lights were off but 2 switches were in off position and 1 was in "on" position.
"customer" why is one switch on and 2 switches off when all the lights are off?
"Me" it's because 1 light is on a 2 way switch.
"customer" well i don't like that, i like symmetry.

I couldn't think of an answer that didn't involve the words f*** off you tw**

I couldn't think of an answer that didn't involve the words f*** off you tw**

Excellent, just excellent.. Wish I could say that on my receipts with some customers.

I had one today there is a gap in the grout between the cooker switch and the socket next to it...get the tiler back mrs that's hi department .then had a moan about the supply chain as the kitchen led packs were sent with lv transformers instead of drivers!its a kitchen mrs not a multi million pound contract.
what a rocket.so mr cat it's just not you.as for the 2way I get this as well.swap the pass wires over at one switch keeps them symmetrical and that.arses

Slap that silly cow! Show her who's boss! Damn the huns look scary. I almost hope we lose on sunday to save another humiliation at the hands of our arch enemies.

"could you just hold these probes whilst I test your resistance love?"

shock-costume.jpg

I had one today there is a gap in the grout between the cooker switch and the socket next to it...get the tiler back mrs that's hi department .then had a moan about the supply chain as the kitchen led packs were sent with lv transformers instead of drivers!its a kitchen mrs not a multi million pound contract.
what a rocket.so mr cat it's just not you.as for the 2way I get this as well.swap the pass wires over at one switch keeps them symmetrical and that.arses

Elaborate

I had a similar thing with a fussy customer. It was only the one switch which bugged her as the other one was rarely used and out of the way. My solution.... Never use the other switch if you are that fussy, then the one you want to line up will always be correct :)

I had a customer who had a storage heater fall on her and as she said she was trapped and thought she would starve to death(I kid you not) anyway she noticed the new storage heater was slightly off the wall (it was not the only one) so she called me out to look at it anyhow I took the cover off and said it just needs an adjustment plus it had been fixed with plasterboard fixing so I said no probs I will find the strap in the wall and give it a better fixing she then freaked out and asked me to leave saying I dont think you know what you are doing ?? The thing is customers like this do no realise the cost of calling me out but I get one of these at least once a year so ho hum

Swapping the strappers over on either of the 2 way switches would synchronize the switches. i.e. = when both switches are in the off position the light will be off.

That would only work until she turned the lights off at the bed then back on at the wall. Then back out of sync. There is no way yo can sync a two way switch

Isn't it funny how children the world over are dying in the streets from hunger and disease, yet this lady is obsessed about light switches lining up.
What a strange race we are.....

Reply to Is it only me that gets fussy customers! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net