Discuss Is it worth going LTD? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Ok Lads let's move on and keep it on track please, we're supposed to help each other out here.

To get it back on track, I am in a similar position to you and am prepping for full out self employment in Oct 2017. Currently I am a sole trader but have a dormant Ltd company registered ready for when I go fully self employed. I am early doors so still have massive overheads so sole trader suits me. Ltd company has advantages of separating your business and private life. Check out www.bytestart.co.uk/limited-company-advantages.html

To get it back on track, I am in a similar position to you and am prepping for full out self employment in Oct 2017. Currently I am a sole trader but have a dormant Ltd company registered ready for when I go fully self employed. I am early doors so still have massive overheads so sole trader suits me. Ltd company has advantages of separating your business and private life. Check out www.bytestart.co.uk/limited-company-advantages.html

Thanks for the link, I'll take a look at lunch.

This is an interesting topic. I too am in a very similar situation to woody. I am 54 and have a good pension giving me about 21.5k a year so am returning to the trade but don't want to start paying 40% tax so am trying to limit my earnings to no more than 20K for safety sake.

I too may decide to go Ltd if I decide to do it full-time again.

All info is greatly appreciated because the info and help I have had off here is invaluable.
So thanks guys and ladies it all helps.

Reply to Is it worth going LTD? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net