Discuss Is loose trunking C2 or C3 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Problem is that in order to get the EICR signed off they say they would need to come back and do further testing once work is done. I am in a catch 22 situation with them
Testing of what?.....that repair is a visual confirmation....what does the landlord think of this?....

Problem is that in order to get the EICR signed off they say they would need to come back and do further testing once work is done. I am in a catch 22 situation with them

I'd ask the electrician what 'tests' are they are going to do with the trunking, if the only thing wrong is that it is 'loose'??

Bugger... @Baddegg beat me to it....

Bit of engineering judgement here surely...it’s been there years and isn’t in an escape route of any kind...c3 at worst surely? And it complies at the time of installation...
Complying at the time of installation is irrelevant. That said, if it is not fixed to the wall then it wouldn't ever have complied.

Just to add to the above, if you do this then get them to use fireproof cable clips & get them to take pics and send to you. You can then send them to the electrician.
You can send all the photos you want to the Electrician, but they won't certify the work you have done nor would they alter a report which has been issued. I certainly wouldn't.

I am the landlord. They say they need to test the system

Again, ask them what test they are going to do to the system, if the only problem is 'loose trunking'....
If there are more problems then this changes things.

I’d imagine it was self adhesive that’s been worn out by the steam over years mate
Perhaps. But that's precisely why with SA minitrunking I always drill and screw it too. I would never rely upon the self-adhesive tape - it's only useful for holding it in place whilst fixing it properly in my opinion.

I had an EICR done in 2014. Some loose trunking on a wire to the showers self isolator based on the wall was graded C3. In an EICR done this week the same trunking in the same condition was graded C2. This seems a bit over the top please advise

Ok, I'm going back to your original post, just to confirm things...
Is the only fault on the EICR the 'loose trunking'?

The point is, not if it should be a c2 or c3.

as said before, get a local handyman to pop round, put a couple of screws into it.
They must send you an invoice, detailing work done.

attach a copy of the invoice to the eicr and keep it filed away.

a report with a fault listed on it is still a report. the law says you must fix the faults listed on the report.
there is no requirement to have a second report done to prove that the repairs have been carried out properly.

if it was something like a missing earth bond, it would be expected that you would have an installation report from the work involved to fix the fault, this would be filed with the original report so you can prove to any legal body that is asking that you have completed the repairs.

you could even write on the notes section of the report,
TRUNKING SCREWED TO THE WALL BY
MR SMITH OF ABC HANDYWORKS
invoice attached.

True, but realistically it may just be a short length of cable above the bath in the corner of the bathroom. Never going to cause an issue with access.

May be, which is why, when questioned i pointed out that if it represents a danger C2, but if out of harms way, C3.

It could be it passes over/round the door, in which case it would be c2 as it would impact the exit from the room.

The only guidance we have in this case is someone responsible has viewed it and assessed it as C2.

Could be wrong, but we haven't seen anything to indicate the actual situation to confirm or rufute the coding

There was a change in the 18th edition, associated with premature collapse of wiring, under this all cables must be properly secured with fire resistant fittings (or other physical means), if this is not present, then it's a C2.

Just gluing it will not satisfy the regs.
I get it If it’s in an escape route C2 but in a bathroom of a domestic property?

but as always I’ve not seen it so cannot say with any certainty

I get it If it’s in an escape route C2 but in a bathroom of a domestic property?

but as always I’ve not seen it so cannot say with any certainty

The problem is that we don't know the route of the trunking mate. We have not seen any pics of it from the tenant or @Car123. We also don't know if this is the only fault on the EICR.
Besides I think the OP has given up on this thread.

Reply to Is loose trunking C2 or C3 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net