Discuss Is loose trunking C2 or C3 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I get it If it’s in an escape route C2 but in a bathroom of a domestic property?

but as always I’ve not seen it so cannot say with any certainty
The regulation is absolute, not dependent on where it is, however engineering judgement can result in C2 or C3 based on how dangerous it is in an EICR, hence my follow up post:

No.

If the failure to support against premature collapse could represent a danger, then C2, but if its out of harms way, it would be C3.

Both would be unacceptable for a new installation though.
If its a long route in a bathroom it could obstruct entry/exit from the bath/toilet/door etc, so that would be a C2 , if a short length in a corner out of harms way - ok for C3

But if the trunking's original glued backing has failed so you replace that with more glue, you still haven't changed anything!

It was a C2/C3 because it had no protection against premature collapse and it would remain exactly the same because it still has no protection against premature collapse, so the same coding!

I get it If it’s in an escape route C2 but in a bathroom of a domestic property?

but as always I’ve not seen it so cannot say with any certainty
The trunking is on the wall in the kitchen on the other side of the wall from bsthroom. In the 2014 EICR it was C3. The present electricians say C2 on the grounds of IP. I understand this has to do with water ingress. I could understand if it was in the bathroom because of steam. I asked for clarification on this but got no answer from them. Its a minor point really. But there has been quite a lot of questions and they have changed their minds on other things.

Did you not get it sorted? Just needs a handyman to screw it to the wall.

Did you not get it sorted? Just needs a handyman to screw it to the wall.
I was not actually aware of the C3 as an agent had it. It only came out when I searched for it in view of the present EICR. As yes I would have sorted it. As it is as I am 350 miles away it is not going to be cheaper or easier to get yet another person in.

The trunking is on the wall in the kitchen on the other side of the wall from bsthroom. In the 2014 EICR it was C3. The present electricians say C2 on the grounds of IP. I understand this has to do with water ingress. I could understand if it was in the bathroom because of steam. I asked for clarification on this but got no answer from them. Its a minor point really. But there has been quite a lot of questions and they have changed their minds on other things.

Hang on for IP it's C2?

And not in the bathroom?

This is different from all previous notes, where exactly is it, and what is the description on the EICR - they say loose trunking or IP - it ought to have a code against it, this should clarify exactly why they are grading it C2

I find it difficult to grade C2 on IP if the trunking contains normal twin and earth type cable (grey or white flat style stuff) as this is inherently double insulated.

Hang on for IP it's C2?

And not in the bathroom?

This is different from all previous notes, where exactly is it, and what is the description on the EICR - they say loose trunking or IP - it ought to have a code against it, this should clarify exactly why they are grading it C2

I find it difficult to grade C2 on IP if the trunking contains normal twin and earth type cable (grey or white flat style stuff) as this is inherently double insulated.

I'm confused also. We've gone from loose trunking in bathroom to IP failing on trunking in the kitchen.

Seems to me that a few threads of this type are intended to solicit nothing more than affirmation of the OP's opinions and a stick with which to beat the spark who carried out the EICR.

Sometimes it is clear that reports aren't worth ther paper they're written on, but in this instance questions have been raised on the basis that issues weren't highlighted in previous reports and should therefore not be highlighted in this one.

Seems to me that a few threads of this type are intended to solicit nothing more than affirmation of the OP's opinions and a stick with which to beat the spark who carried out the EICR.

It does read that way mate.
Changing conditions and questions not answered.... As @DPG has said, this is hard work.

Reply to Is loose trunking C2 or C3 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock