JIB Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) Jib card renewal

Discuss Jib card renewal in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

K

KNIPEX

Hi guys, couple of questions for you.

i had the jib form through today to renew my card as its due to expire.

it does read that i need to send all all my certificates through to them again to renew my card, which i find strange because they have already seen them any ideas on this??

also i completed my nvq3 some years ago which gave me cscs on my card, are they now going to say this has expired???

i need to add my 17th edtion to my card aswell, and possibly change from approved to installation technician. as im more involved in the running planning and organising jobs now than on the tools.

also im niceic qualified supervisor for the company, anyone know if this can be added to the card aswell??

well there a few questions there for you, any help or information would be great.

thanks in advance :)

How do.

The CSCS gained from your NVQ is only valid for 3 years so depending on when you got it it may no longer cover you and you may have to do one of those no-brainer CSCS tests.

You can add NICEIC to your card, you get a lovely badge and everything:p:p

It is strange that they want to see your certs again though.

If you do want to re-grade to technician it takes abit more than just asking they ask for either 2360 course C and a covering letter from your employer (if you have one) saying how wonderful you are and that he pays you more than he should:D. Or 2400 (2391-02) design.

Have a squint at this.

JIB Grading Definitions - Technician Grade.

Cheers.

hi lenny,

thanks for your help mate. looks like im doing the lovely cscs computer test then as my nvq is over 3 years old.

so on my card it will say qualified supervisor for the niceic?????????? or will it just say niceic??? what evidence to i need to submit for that to be put on the card???

2360 (course c) isnt that the course after 2360 pt 2 building services mate?? hope so as i have that aswell :)

Jib card renewal {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

This is the one off the JIB website. Ugly b*****d is't he!!!!!!!!.:eek:

You should have a cert to say you are enrolled with the NICEIC as a qualified supervisor, this will do.

Yeah course C is the bit after parts 1+2.

lol yeah bet he is still single, and his card is out of date. lol

mmmmm that looks nice, will defo add that to my card then.

only thing will it say niceic qualified supervisor for ******** electrical??

what happends if i leave that company??

wasnt really a cert more of a a4 piece of paper stating my name and that i am a qualified supervisor with the niceic. hope the except this.

so i should be able to go for installation technician then with my part c aswell fingers crossed anyway.

just to add to this, anyone know the nearest cscs test centre for me??

im in cardiff but working in swansea so that would be useful, any help plz guys?? as my company is not jib its down to me :(

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
i need to renew mine as well.i'm in north london.does anybody know anywhere that i can renew my cscs(ecs) without going to sidcup(or billericay!)
cheers

ECS VENUES​
REGION

[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Darlington in Co Durham [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]or [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Wakefield in West Yorkshire [/FONT][/FONT]
NORTH WEST
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Lymm in Cheshire [/FONT][/FONT]
EAST MIDLANDS
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Loughborough in Leicestershire [/FONT][/FONT]
WEST MIDLANDS
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Penkridge in Staffordshire [/FONT][/FONT]
EAST
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Bury St Edmunds [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]or [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Chelmsford [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]or [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Norwich in Norfolk [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]or [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Luton
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]or [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Brampton in Cambridgeshire [/FONT][/FONT]
GREATER LONDON
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Romford in Essex [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]or [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Bayswater in London [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]or [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Uxbridge in Middlesex [/FONT][/FONT]
CENTRAL SOUTH
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Newbury in Berkshire [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]or [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Wimborne in Dorset [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]or [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Eastleigh in Southampton
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]or [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Swindon in Wiltshire [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]or [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Yeovil in Somerset [/FONT][/FONT]
SOUTH EAST
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Heathfield in East Sussex [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]or [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Nr Westerham in Surrey [/FONT][/FONT]
WEST & SOUTH WEST​
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Bristol [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]or [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Saltash in Plymouth [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]or [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Taunton. [/FONT][/FONT]
SOUTH WALES
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Cardiff [/FONT][/FONT]
NORTHERN IRELAND
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Newtownabbey, County Antrim [/FONT][/FONT]

:D

thanks for that lenny, you got a link or any other info on the cardiff office mate??

will be ideal if i can have an address or number or something.

cheers

You have to go through head office in Sidcup and then ask for a booking in the Cardiff test centre, or wherever is nearest from the list I posted.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ECS Assessment Processing, Joint Industry Board, Kingswood House, 47/51 Sidcup Hill, Sidcup, Kent, DA14 6HP. Tel: 020 8302 0031 Fax: 020 8309 1103 E-Mail: [email protected].[/FONT]

:D

Hey mate.

Alls you need to do is send in the piece of paper you got from NIC or ECA confirming your QS status with the from and they will put the relevant details on the card.

Strange.

I had one. Best thing I'd say is ring the JIB and see what they say. They may accept a letter of confirmation from your employer or possibly contact the NIC themselves.

Cheers.

P.S the phone number for the JIB is on one of the previous posts.

Hi, cheers lenny. I'll try and do that. However when I took over this role for my company after site assesment, I asked my office to contact the niciec, they said ,"they do not send out any letter of conformation of supervisor status"?

very strange as i have one

Hi guys does anybody know if you are a niceic domestic installer does that get put on the jib card?

Hi guys, couple of questions for you.

i had the jib form through today to renew my card as its due to expire.

it does read that i need to send all all my certificates through to them again to renew my card, which i find strange because they have already seen them any ideas on this??

also i completed my nvq3 some years ago which gave me cscs on my card, are they now going to say this has expired???

i need to add my 17th edtion to my card aswell, and possibly change from approved to installation technician. as im more involved in the running planning and organising jobs now than on the tools.

also im niceic qualified supervisor for the company, anyone know if this can be added to the card aswell??

well there a few questions there for you, any help or information would be great.

thanks in advance :)

hi there

i now have c cousre and 2391-20 never even bothered about tech grading as they never used to pay a tech rate only approved with a bonus.

cheers

Hi.

When I renewed mine I was waiting for over 5 weeks.

Dont worry it will get to you eventually.

Reply to Jib card renewal in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock