Discuss Joining NAPIT - requirements and questions in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

kopek

-
Reaction score
Hi Guys.

Napit sent me an email with requirements for my first assessment via zoom.
Does anyone have any idea what they can ask me for 2 hours !?!
Especially I have on site assessment next day.

Also they asked me to prepare:

Thank you for confirming this ‘office’ meeting.
Please make the following available to me via email before the meeting:

• Calibration certificate (or records of your own home accuracy checking)
  • Public Liability Insurance details
  • Professional Indemnity Insurance details (This is only required if you wish to write EICRs).
  • Record of certs issued, Record of notifications issued (These records are optional for newly joining members).
  • One EIC completed
  • Complaints log or records
  • One estimate or quotation.
  • One invoice.
  • One contract between you and your customer, if you prepare written contracts. (This is not a requirement but your option.)
  • Your Health and Safety Policy.

And here I have some questions as well:

1. * Calibration certificate - Can someone recoment any cheap company doing this please ?
2. * Professional Indemnity Insurance - lowest quote i found is £430 per annum, a bit expensive for me... is that good price for a firts year ?
3. * One EIC completed, Complaints log or records - should I fill one EIC for non existing property ? What with Complaints log or records ?
4. * One estimate or quotation. - Can i find example of professional one ?
5. * Your Health and Safety Policy. - Can I download them somewhere ?

I was suprised to learn recently that NAPIT only have 15000 members. Thought it would be more.

Plenty of companies doing calibration, just google it. CEF do it for around £60.

Try rhino trade insurance

You surely have an EIC for the work to be inspected?

Yyou need a complaints folder. Mine spells out the process of handling complaints.

Go to the HSE website as they have downloadable documents

Good luck :thumbsup:

Hi - yes, this is the normal ‘ask’ for the interview. I’m having mine Tuesday and so I sent Him all that in 5 big emails in case there’s an internet fade. I hope Him is enjoying the read :) .

He will likely talk you through things to try to get a handle on where you are at and how you conduct your business. I approach it like any exam - prepare your stuff, listen to the question being asked and answer that question. I don’t venture any further as I have found it in productive to enlighten Him in any fashion. Just my experience, I’m sure they’re not all the same.

For calibration, I get my MFT certificated by Mike at onsitecalibrations.co.uk. It’s a very good service and I recommend it. I sent it to him from the PO on last Thursday, he did the business Friday and I had it back Saturday morning. He also does a walk in service if you are nearby.

If you speak to Napit customer services, they’ll send you a blank H&S policy, complaints procedure etc... They’re really helpful like that.

They understand that you’re just starting out so won’t have a lot of what’s on the list so are willing to help out.

Job wise, they like to see a minimum of 2 circuits, preferably one an RFC, I’m pretty sure a CU change cuts it too.

Good luck with your assessment ??

Thanks guys for helping me, I really appreciate that.

If you speak to Napit customer services, they’ll send you a blank H&S policy, complaints procedure etc... They’re really helpful like that.
I'll phone them tomorrow. I'm a bit confused about blank policies... did you mean they will send me list of policies i need ?
I have already printed a few of them from H&S website.

• electricity at works regulation 1989
  • electricity at work. safe working practices
  • safety in electrical testing at work
  • electrical safety and you
  • Safe use of work equipment....

Good to know about complain book, i understood that I need to buy one from amazon ;)

They’ll send you a list of documentation you need and also blanks of complaints log, risk assessments, H&S policy etc... no need to buy them.
[automerge]1597695826[/automerge]
PM me your email and I’ll send you some stuff across mate.

Hi - just had the Zoom - They do let you look up answers to set questions, both in BS7671 and the Building Regulations. But there’s a lot of info in the Approved Docs, so I will just say the preferred height of light switches and outlets in non domestic locations is in Doc M, Vol 2, section 4.3 and it’s not the same as domestic ...

Heh.. i phone napit and they told me to look on their website.
My assessor is not respodning to my email...

That’s strange, they’re normally more helpful than that.

I’ve got your message, I’ll email you some stuff over.

I think, I sorted out everything except point -> Your Health and Safety Policy.
I can't get a clear information from them what they are expectiing from me.

Do you think that I need printed policies (or PDF) like :

• Accident/Incident Reporting Procedure
  • Hazard Reporting
  • Method Statements
  • Near Miss Reporting
  • Personal Protective Equipment
  • Protecting The Public
  • Risk Assessments
  • First Aid & Emergency Procedures
  • Fire & Emergency Action
  • Fire Prevention
  • Asbestos
  • Confined Space Working
  • Ladders
  • Manual Handling
  • Portable Electrical Equipment
  • Scaffolding And Towers
  • Work At Height
  • Manual Handling
Thanks

I think, I sorted out everything except point -> Your Health and Safety Policy.
I can't get a clear information from them what they are expectiing from me.

Do you think that I need printed policies (or PDF) like :

• Accident/Incident Reporting Procedure
  • Hazard Reporting
  • Method Statements
  • Near Miss Reporting
  • Personal Protective Equipment
  • Protecting The Public
  • Risk Assessments
  • First Aid & Emergency Procedures
  • Fire & Emergency Action
  • Fire Prevention
  • Asbestos
  • Confined Space Working
  • Ladders
  • Manual Handling
  • Portable Electrical Equipment
  • Scaffolding And Towers
  • Work At Height
  • Manual Handling
Thanks

You won’t need any of that.

Use the blank risk assessment and H&S policy I sent you and you’ll be sound.

I just had a assessement today, all fine.
He asked me about maximun lenght of flexible dust and bends, maximum wattage of outside light without automatic disconnection and some easy one, like switches and consumer unit heights.

Again, he mentioned about Health and safety policies. He said that I can download a starter pack from hse website, but looks like there is only paperbook... or I can't find right one.

I just had a assessement today, all fine.
He asked me about maximun lenght of flexible dust and bends, maximum wattage of outside light without automatic disconnection and some easy one, like switches and consumer unit heights.

Again, he mentioned about Health and safety policies. He said that I can download a starter pack from hse website, but looks like there is only paperbook... or I can't find right one.

All good then, well done mate. ?

Reply to Joining NAPIT - requirements and questions in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net