Discuss Keep getting electric shocks in kitchen. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I bought my house 11 months ago with no issues, after a few months everything metal in the kitchen starting giving me an electric shock when touched. After a few more months this stopped on its own, and has recently started again. We realised that it only happens when not wearing shoes, if that helps. Any help and advice would be much appreciated. Thankyou.
 
Please get a proper spark in. If you ask him if he is 18edition qualified.

as an aside but not giving you any reason for not doing the above :

it could be static electricity where you build up static depending if you are wearing nylon etc. The static is released when you touch a metal surface.

BUT you need to get it checked as a kitchen is not a safe environment if you have an earth fault
 

Vortigern

Esteemed
Arms
Went to fit some dimplex heaters the other day. Customer had already had a go fitting two of them. When I touched the casing I could feel some voltage on it. I said as much to the customer, they felt and said "Oh yeh, never noticed that" So took off the spur and even though he had googled it and took photos of the original heaters wiring....That single 6181y is live btw. That was the end of his career in electrics. No surprise there was a live on the casing. So it can happen a number of ways.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1220.JPG
    IMG_1220.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 52

DPG

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Went to fit some dimplex heaters the other day. Customer had already had a go fitting two of them. When I touched the casing I could feel some voltage on it. I said as much to the customer, they felt and said "Oh yeh, never noticed that" So took off the spur and even though he ad googled it and took photos of the original heaters wiring....That single 6181y is live btw. That was the end of his career in electrics. No surprise there was a live on the casing. So it can happen a number of ways.

Takes some doing to get it that wrong!
 

Reply to Keep getting electric shocks in kitchen. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Latest Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top