Discuss key switch in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

O

ONIT

hello everyone,,

i wounder if anyone would beable to run through the connections through a key switch on emerganice lighting, ie feed to mcb then link to key switch, done it years ago but cant remeber

cheers

the key switch is no different to any other switch ie it is installed between supply and load, its not unusual to fit the key switch(es) next to the distribution board

hi there

usally just switches the feed out to the fitting butsometimes takes out the feed to the emlite ballast causing it to switch off the main feed numerousways of doing this cheers

most of the installs ive done the key switches were situated next to the board,live out from mcb to key switch then on to the lighting circuit

its just a normal switch that has to be operated by a key, live in live out neutral in a connector block. live in being common live out being L1 allthough it really doesnt matter which way round as both ways work the same as long as your switch isnt upside down.

the key switch is no different to any other switch ie it is installed between supply and load, its not unusual to fit the key switch(es) next to the distribution board

I am with you...
I also think, same to your thoughts, our thoughts are very matching.
Thanks for putting this answer.....

Thanks

Just remember that the key switch needs to be on the same circuit as the existing lights. So if the lights go out, you will still have exit routes etc lit from the emergencies. I have seen emergencies wired where they have been on their own circuit and would only come if there was a complete power failure.

Reply to key switch in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock