Discuss key switch in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

ONIT

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

hello everyone,,

i wounder if anyone would beable to run through the connections through a key switch on emerganice lighting, ie feed to mcb then link to key switch, done it years ago but cant remeber

cheers

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
T

trebor

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
the key switch is no different to any other switch ie it is installed between supply and load, its not unusual to fit the key switch(es) next to the distribution board

M

maddfridge

hi there

usally just switches the feed out to the fitting butsometimes takes out the feed to the emlite ballast causing it to switch off the main feed numerousways of doing this cheers

C

_ch_

most of the installs ive done the key switches were situated next to the board,live out from mcb to key switch then on to the lighting circuit

H

hughesy

its just a normal switch that has to be operated by a key, live in live out neutral in a connector block. live in being common live out being L1 allthough it really doesnt matter which way round as both ways work the same as long as your switch isnt upside down.

K

KathrynLeng

the key switch is no different to any other switch ie it is installed between supply and load, its not unusual to fit the key switch(es) next to the distribution board
I am with you...
I also think, same to your thoughts, our thoughts are very matching.
Thanks for putting this answer.....

Thanks

bcm_spark

-
Arms
Just remember that the key switch needs to be on the same circuit as the existing lights. So if the lights go out, you will still have exit routes etc lit from the emergencies. I have seen emergencies wired where they have been on their own circuit and would only come if there was a complete power failure.

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!

Reply to key switch in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico 3000 Range
Top Bottom