Discuss Labour Manifesto in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yes that is the bus so please point out where exactly on that bus it says ". We will spend this £350 million on the NHS"
I think it is you eyes that deceive and your mind that sees the implied and not what it actually reads. The only issue with it is the pound sign not being the Euro sign.

Think Andyb might still be at his village pub, drowning his sorrows. Incidently, did anyone see the vid of Sturgeon of delight, at others misfortune;

Think if they bump into each other, there might be a fight. :)

Incidently, did anyone see the vid of Sturgeon of delight, at others misfortune;

I think Nico's behaviour was appalling and in very bad taste.
It couldn't have been aimed at a more deserving individual. :tearsofjoy:

Don't mess with the U.K public.

And to others,

We don't know who you are. We don't know what you will want. If you are looking for a ransom or the NHS, we can tell you we don't have money or anything for sale. But what we do have is a very particular set of skills, skills we have acquired over very long careers. Skills that make us a nightmare for people like you. If you leave us alone now, that'll be the end of it. We will not look for you, we will not pursue you. But if you don't, we WILL look for you, we WILL find you and we will kill YOUR careers.

Think Andyb might still be at his village pub, drowning his sorrows. Incidently, did anyone see the vid of Sturgeon of delight, at others misfortune;

Think if they bump into each other, there might be a fight. :)
think she's off to find some stones to rebuild hadrian's wall. sod it. if the sweatys don't want to stay in the UK, then let them try and manage without us. (no offence meant to scots forum members).

Yes that is the bus so please point out where exactly on that bus it says ". We will spend this £350 million on the NHS"
I think it is you eyes that deceive and your mind that sees the implied and not what it actually reads. The only issue with it is the pound sign not being the Euro sign.
You know exactly what it says and means. The trouble is Andrew you were lied too and believed the lies, and now you can't accept it. So instead of manning up and admitting it you tell yourself that it means something else, and you can live with that.

Also it was not just the bus, Boris actually said more than once that he'd give £350 milion to the NHS. In one interview he even doubled down by saying the figure was wrong and it would be a lot more.

So, answer me 2 questions please.

1, It clearly says ''Let's fund our NHS instead'' instead of what? That line must relate to something, what do you think it's referring to?

2, Today Boris said ''Let the healing begin'' So, when the country is even more split and there is even more inequality will you say that's what he meant?

Last edited:
You know exactly what it says and means. The trouble is Andrew you were lied too and believed the lies, and now you can't accept it. So instead of manning up and admitting it you tell yourself that it means something else, and you can live with that.

Also it was not just the bus, Boris actually said more than once that he'd give £350 milion to the NHS. In one interview he even doubled down by saying the figure was wrong and it would be a lot more.

1, It clearly says ''Let's fund our NHS instead'' instead of what? That line must relate to something, what do you think it's referring to?

2, Today Boris said ''Let the healing begin'' So, when the country is even more split and there is even more inequality will you say that's what he meant?
If I go into my local supermarket and go for the two for three, I know they are still making profit. But the sales talk confuse essentially my brain, or does it. It was a red bus with some sign writing on it, make of it what you will. Was there anything other statements made at the time?

I'll answer your question but firstly do no presume to know what I believe to be true or what I do or don't understand.

1. It says "let's fund our NHS instead"
It is a play on words for the foolish to think he means they will pay all to NHS. However the more intelligent populess read correctly that instead of wasting all that money throwing it at the EU there would be money to spend on the NHS and in fact on many things. So the second part is clear instead of EU.

2. I assume he means that now he has a working majority he shall make good on he's manifesto and get Brexit done because ever since the result in 2016 the country has been split so like it or not it will be finalised and everyone can move on from it and who knows there may well be another referendum in the future to rejoin the common market (if it still exist) which win loose or draw I would hope the democratic result will be carried out by parliament.
And before you go into some reterik about how long it will take at least now it is moving.

Last edited:
I love the people of the UK.

For years we've had been force fed the very narrow view of a very noisy minority.

We were polled, we shrugged and moved on as we didn't relate to it.

We were vox popped, gave our views and in rerurn got a condescending eye roll from the reporter.

We have been told what's best for us.

We been told we're idiots for not agreeing.

We get one opportunity to be heard, a vote.

Well Corbyn, Owen Jones, Diane Abbott, Jo Swinson, Chukka Umuna, Gina Miller...Your boys took a hell of a beating.

Now can we have Brexit?

I'll answer your question but firstly do no presume to know what I believe to be true or what I do or don't understand.

That's been one of my biggest gripes with the remainer camp, or shall we now call them the 'rejoiners'?

It started the day after the referendum and it continues to this day... everyone who voted leave (and now who voted the Tories in on Thursday) is racist, uneducated, bigoted, inward looking, little Englander's, stupid and the list goes on.

The outpouring of grief on social media has been hilarious and it's going exactly the same way as it did after the referendum in 2016. Whenever a valid point is made against what they say we end up back in the gutter with personal insults. You're old, you shouldn't have been allowed to vote, you're racist, you're a fascist, you're a ---- etc. etc. and so it continues.

I didn't buy into any of the campaign rhetoric from either side in the referendum. My vote to leave was based on my own research about the EU, it's foundation, my life experiences of how the EU has impacted this country and the fact that successive governments have ceded power to unelected officials in Brussels. This is our country, I want the option to change the people making the laws that affect me and I want successive generations to have that option. I don't want future generations to be drones doing the bidding of Brussels.

As for the Scottish call for independence... I'm still staggered that those calling for it believe they will have independence if they join the EU. I might be missing something being a stupid uneducated leaver an all, but I just don't see how Independent can be used as an adjective for an EU member state, especially when the core goal of the EU is to form a federal superstate with all policy being made by unelected officials in Brussels. So if someone more educated than I (maybe a Labour or SNP voter, a remainer/rejoiner perhaps) fancies explaining it, I'd love to see the linguistic gymnastics you'll use to do it.

bit of an oxymoron there, SC. Scotland wants to be independant of the UK, but slaves to the EU? where's the sense in that???

bit of an oxymoron there, SC. Scotland wants to be independant of the UK, but slaves to the EU? where's the sense in that???

Exactly... that's the point I just don't get, which makes me think it's not about independence for the SNP... it's about power, or perceived power, and more importantly sticking one to Westminster which seems to get the blame in SNP campaigning for all ills, despite them having lots of financial decision making capabilities in the Scottish Parliament.

What worries me though is the call for independence is rubbing off on the likes of Plaid Cymru who are now moving in that direction, again with a 'we want to be independent and members of the EU' line. It's ridiculous. Suffice to say, if that ever comes to fruition I know a lot of people who will be moving to England (us included). The worst thing in Wales is the fact that Wales voted overwhelmingly to leave and yet the Welsh Assembly or pro-remain, unfortunately the Labour heartlands in the valleys are just never going to vote anything but and as such I think we're destined to retain the assembly (or Senedd - I think that's the right spelling) as is now... a bunch of idiots who are completely out of touch with the people.

It started the day after the referendum and it continues to this day... everyone who voted leave (and now who voted the Tories in on Thursday) is racist, uneducated, bigoted, inward looking, little Englander's, stupid and the list goes on.

As above, I failed to understand right from day 1 how Remain voters were so knowledgeable about Leave voters and their motives that they could confidently say the above.
Most who did publically continue to do so.

I had and still have no idea why individual Remain voters voted as they did.
It's was possibly for hundreds of different reasons.

I voted remain in the previous referendum when there were only 14 or so countries in the E.U.

I decided to vote leave, if given the chance years before the suggestion of the 2016 referendum.
My vote was sealed in the Postal ballot envelope long before I was aware of the £350m on the bus.
I was not misled, nor as far as I could tell were the many people I worked with at the time, all who said they voted leave .

@SC, Both Wales and Scotland dont like England more than they dont like Brussels and the EU, both think that by being in the EU they will get a nett income from the other countries. What i really dont understand is: as we are a United Kingdom (Union) today, why do Scotland and Wales really think independance is ONLY down to them.

As for the referendum, I was lied to and misled when i voted. I thought voting leave meant we would just leave, i never imagined in my wildest dreams that voting leave could mean that if there was a majority it could mean a plethora of partial leavings that masquerade as leave. Bonkers.

@SC, Both Wales and Scotland dont like England more than they dont like Brussels and the EU, both think that by being in the EU they will get a nett income from the other countries. What i really dont understand is: as we are a United Kingdom (Union) today, why do Scotland and Wales really think independance is ONLY down to them.

All I can say to that is... you pro English dog you ;) How dare you suggest the English should have a say in matters that don't affect them!!! LOL :D

As for the referendum, I was lied to and misled when i voted. I thought voting leave meant we would just leave, i never imagined in my wildest dreams that voting leave could mean that if there was a majority it could mean a plethora of partial leavings that masquerade as leave. Bonkers.

There is that aspect to it... I voted to leave with a 100% separation... no tie ins, no partial exits, a 100% clean break with us not being subject to any rules/regulations from Brussels.

As for the Scottish call for independence... I'm still staggered that those calling for it believe they will have independence if they join the EU. I might be missing something being a stupid uneducated leaver an all, but I just don't see how Independent can be used as an adjective for an EU member state, especially when the core goal of the EU is to form a federal superstate with all policy being made by unelected officials in Brussels. So if someone more educated than I (maybe a Labour or SNP voter, a remainer/rejoiner perhaps) fancies explaining it, I'd love to see the linguistic gymnastics you'll use to do it.

Its simply that the SNP Scots, and some others Scots, hate the English more than they hate the French or EU. It would be a shame to break up the UK, but if someone has fallen out of love, but then there's no point trying to keep the relationship going, if you get my drift.

I voted to remain, but since the vote have accepted we should now leave. Still have my reservations, based nothing more on a gut feeling and being in a club for the last forty years.

think she's off to find some stones to rebuild hadrian's wall. sod it. if the sweatys don't want to stay in the UK, then let them try and manage without us. (no offence meant to scots forum members).
I agree with you... if she really wants to be independent then let her... but it'll mean;
a) A 20ft high border fence that's is permanently manned by armed guards to stop all the Scots escaping.
b) The UK withdrawing any of it's operations from Scotland, like the submarines, BAE etc.
c) No more financial assistance... the 'Greece of the North' ?
d) Anybody caught in England without a tourist visa wearing tartan, a kilt or drunk at 11am deported. (unless you're a member of this forum)

@SC, Scots dont want to leave the EU, so whats the best way to stop it ? - Have an independance referendum, vote to be independent, then we have the issue of Scotland being in the EU and England not, another land border to deal with leading to yet another delay to Brexit and more wrangling, sod that, they had their chance in 2014, that is what they really wanted , this next vote would be tactical to stop UK leaving EU. That simple

Reply to Labour Manifesto in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net