Discuss Led 4/5 Watt gu10 in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

i was looking at these lamps myself the other day, do they fit normal fire rated downlights? are they dimmable?

Yes they fit normal gu10 fittings if there is a clip on the lamp holder you need to remove it
they are not dimmable Either not for £2.22 p

I've had some tamlite spots from Cef exactly the same as aurora fitting and on the lamp holder there's a little metal clip that stops the lamp from sitting correctly the clip isnt doing anything special and if you remove it it doesn't affect the fitting or warranty etc if you see one you will know what I mean

Is the sort of large circlip that sits around the bezel, inside?

Have bent the 2 end so they point down instead of inwards in the past. That was on the fittings that required it to hold the lamp in though.

i bought some osram ones last week - made in china. the chinese are wher the japanese were 50 years ago. we laughed at jap stuff as cheap and nasty then. now japanese is a byword for quality!

Totally agree with that statement...

China is at a very similar position as to where Japan was, in it's early day's. But China is moving forward far quicker than Japan ever did. Couple that, to very nearly every top brand name in the world now manufacturing/operating out of China, and you can't honestly say everything manufactured in China is crap or sub-standard, it most certainly isn't!!. Yes there is still a lot of fake crap about, so you do still need to be wary before you purchase. But it won't be too long i think, before those cowboy manufactures will be effectively outlawed...Basically because they will end-up damaging the very lucrative conventional and legitimate markets for Chinese goods...

Reply to Led 4/5 Watt gu10 in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock