Discuss Led driver help required in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

sjhall

-
Reaction score
Hi

Looking for a bit of advice on a led driver

The Aurora in the picture below is the one that needs replacing today / tmrw

And the only 700ma constant current driver I can find local has slightly different specs DC 16.5v max on the original

33 - 40v dc out on the new one

Will this work ?

Many thanks

Attachments

• 699DDA65-FBDC-4728-8206-8402A0B80EDA.jpeg
    317.6 KB · Views: 6
  • DA798B1B-38E6-45A5-BD81-C985A437BB44.png
    541 KB · Views: 6
Hi

Looking for a bit of advice on a led driver

The Aurora in the picture below is the one that needs replacing today / tmrw

And the only 700ma constant current driver I can find local has slightly different specs DC 16.5v max on the original

33 - 40v dc out on the new one

Will this work ?

Many thanks
My opinion is no, it will not work. The proposed replacement part has far too high a terminal voltage compared to the Aurora part.

Reply to Led driver help required in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hey folks, i work for a relatively small company, but we are doing some big jobs. And right our headache is taking over outdoor lighting...
Replies
Views
We are in the process of renovating our house, and would like to setup led strip-lighting throughout. of the options, this seems most attractive...
Replies
Views
Hello, I’ve have some ten year old Collingwood SL020 RGB led garden spike lights which I’d like to keep using but wondering if I can use them with...
Replies
Views
I'm not too sure which LED driver I can use to replace the one in the picture. It states max 21V, does this mean any thing less than that is ok...
Replies
Views
Next week I'm starting to build a few built-in wardrobes for the bedrooms and I've hit a brick wall on the lightning element. Normally I run 1.5mm...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock