Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Main Earth Regs in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

LC2

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi all new to this forum site and a fairly green sparky. Need a bit of advice hope some1 can help, OK got stacked consumer units to change (main one and an economy 7 smaller one) main earth from supply side only goes to main consumer unit (16mm) and then a 10mm is just dropped down from main unit to smaller one but they both have sepertate meter tails. Please can anyone tell me if this meets 17th regs as i cannot seem to find it in there anywhere. I beleive that i should chenge the 10mm to 16mm but still do not know if linking the consumer units like this is OK. Or does the smaller unit need it's own main earth from supply side. Helppppppp. I am aware that i could put it all on one unit with seperate main switches but job is to just change them as they are.

Aico 3000 Range
G

Guest123

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi and welcome to the forums.

As a rule if a DB has seperate meter tails, then I would install a seperate earth aswell.

Cheers.

S

Spudnik

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Agree with Leonard.

16mm main earth from cutout to MET. 16mm from MET to each CU.

Dont forget this work would also need notifying under Part P of the building regs.

EddieB

-
Arms
Apologies for that, I meant to say that I'm sure the upgrading of main earthing and bonding is not notifiable

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers

Reply to Main Earth Regs in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
Top Bottom