Discuss Main electrical supply cable asbestos or other outer insulation? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi @Lucien Nunes

I had a SMART meter fitted yesterday and managed to grab a photo of the incoming cable where it connects to the cut out. With reference to your earlier reply in this thread, I wondered if it might help ascertain the capacity of the cable?

Henley_Series_3_Cut_Out.jpg

On a separate note, the chaps installing the SMART meter re-used the 16mm tails from the main DNO fuse cut out (containing 80 amp fuse) to the meter, but then used 25mm tails from the meter to the newly installed isolator which they also installed. I am wondering why they didn't use 25mm from cut out to meter. Might this be due to the size of the terminals and/or entry holes for cable in the older Henley Series 3 Bakelite Cut out. They wrapped insulating tape around the tails where they enter the holes just to ensure no gaps. I think the tape sits just above the cut out cable entry holes and does not extend through it.

Should I flag this?

New_Smart_Meter.jpg

It was also confirmed that an 80 amp main fuse is fitted. Although they didn't have any stickers for the fuse holder for future reference.
Henley Series_3_Fuse.jpg

Reply to Main electrical supply cable asbestos or other outer insulation? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, I am at odds on whether RCD protection is required on an SWA of 14 metres, clipped direct under flooring direct from CU to an exterior...
Replies
Views
My house was built in the 1930s, The fuse in my service cut out is 60Amp and the wire coming from the street has a 16mm2 copper core(easy to see...
Replies
Views
Got an EV (Nissan Townstar EV) in my house, has a Zappi EV charger installed (by myself) and notified via ENA form to Scottish Power energy...
Replies
Views
Hi all, any recommendations for neat and complaint ways to "house" a new supply -- the main electrical fuse, cut out, meter etc that on our house...
Replies
Views
I'm in the middle of preparing a quote for installing 12 x 3Kw and 4 x 2Kw halogen heaters in a church. The system design was provided by a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock