Discuss Main equipotential bonding. Domestic in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

What are the regs when all circuits are protected by rcd?

You need one is the short answer, I think you are thinking of supplementry bonding and in that case refer to part 6 of the regs special locations, room containing a bath or a shower, 3 conditions must be met,
1) Main protective bonding must be in place and the right size ect

2) All Bathroom circuits need additional RCD protection

3) The OPDs must operate in the specified time up to and including 32A=0.4s above that 5s

What are the regs when all circuits are protected by rcd?

What are the "forum rules" regarding people who join up, ask some half baked silly question, then 12 posts later disappear into the wilderness whence they came ?

Rule of morals would expect at least an indication by the wilderness beast, those posts were not just helpfull but at least those people were not being taken for mugs as is probably the case

Reply to Main equipotential bonding. Domestic in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi there, Just a quick question. Does a main protective bonding conductor require UV protection when run outside? I am under the impression that...
Replies
Views
Hello, I need to run a mains spur off the existing ring main in a domestic property. To get the double socket to the correct place I have to drill...
Replies
Views
As I've mainly done site work and moved into domestic recently, I'm a bit rusty on stuff like this, but if I'm adding a loft PIV unit to an...
Replies
Views
Hi forum members, I hope someone can assist with my enquiry. I have been advised that to comply with BS7671 Reg 132.16 my solar and battery...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, could someone help with the following please? The scenario is: Domestic property supplied via three phase (with a 3P main DB, NO SPD)...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock