Discuss Max demand for Caravan site in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi there,
Looking for some advice with a new caravan park. There will be 25 plots for static with a potential 15 being added in the future. SP Energy have quoted to supply 150KVA 3phase. Now I work that out to be 216A but will that be per phase. And also does anyone know where I might find information on applying diversity to a site like this or someone that I could speak to?
TIA

you will have a total current capacity of c. 620A. that gives you 620/25 = 25A per pitch. allowing for diversity, you can safely give each pitch a 40A fused supply.

you will have a total current capacity of c. 620A. that gives you 620/25 = 25A per pitch. allowing for diversity, you can safely give each pitch a 40A fused supply.

The client is looking to have 32A supply to each pitch. How do you get to 620A? I get 648A but not sure on applying diversity with this. Also with 25A pitches allows no room for additional 15 pitches in the future. Or any street lighting. I am currently seeking an engineer to look at design calcs with me but just trying to wrap my head around this one.
Appreciate the replies. Thanks

for 25 it's just on the borderline. adding another 15 would require a supply upgrade, or maybe a second supply. work on LED street lighting. 40 - 60 watts per light.

I spent 5 years working solely on caravan parks, a 200a 3 phase supply is more than adequate for a 50 van site. we used to work on final distribution of 8 vans per 63a fuse but very often on larger older sites there would be 15 vans on a 63a fuse with no problems.
these guys may be able to help design for a fee and also supply all the gear you need, built and tailored to order.
Hawkins electrical
caravan park electrical
Rolec services.

been out of that game for 3 years so can't quite remember the diversity or loading calcs.

I spent 5 years working solely on caravan parks, a 200a 3 phase supply is more than adequate for a 50 van site. we used to work on final distribution of 8 vans per 63a fuse but very often on larger older sites there would be 15 vans on a 63a fuse with no problems.
these guys may be able to help design for a fee and also supply all the gear you need, built and tailored to order.
Hawkins electrical
caravan park electrical
Rolec services.

been out of that game for 3 years so can't quite remember the diversity or loading calcs.
Thanks Loz,
I've gone to an electrical engineer today. My concern is getting down the line and there being a demand issue. So taking away liability! Appreciate the replies though!

Excuse my ignorance, I've never done any campsites before, but I always thought the standard was a 10A supply for each plot? I have been to a few sites (on holiday) and this is what I've seen in each case. Obviously I'm out of date, but I am interested in learning!

Excuse my ignorance, I've never done any campsites before, but I always thought the standard was a 10A supply for each plot? I have been to a few sites (on holiday) and this is what I've seen in each case. Obviously I'm out of date, but I am interested in learning!

10A is really not a lot! Not gor a static van anyway. Alot are on 16A so I believe but the problem is in this day and age it's just not enough. 32A is what's been requested and I believe quite common now. I was told on Thursday that some caravan site developers are requesting 63A plots! Crazy but some people live most the year out in these things. So why should it be any different from a house. All a matter of perspective I suppose.

10A per pitch is usual for touring caravans. statics generally require a larger supply.

Hi, i work on around 12 caravan sites ranging from 50 plots to some large sites with 125+ plots.. the larger sites only have 200A supply with 32Amp per pitch, with laundrettes/gyms & other buildings and they never get near to drawing the max demand. A 200A 3phase supply is almost overkill for your site.. how are you planning on distributing around the site? How many vans per circuit? Are you providing boxes with seperate tv compartments.? Street lighting? Wifi points/boosters around site? Sewege plant works? Think about the earthing arrangment as the DNO will not provide you an earth being a caravan park, you will need a pit & upfront s type time delayed rcd.? PM me if you want any info mate.

Reply to Max demand for Caravan site in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock