Discuss MCG consumer unit... RCD needed! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

DNS1

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
Hi chaps,

Been asked to sort a nuisance tripping issue, which I've narrowed down to what I think is a faulty RCD (trip time varying between 45ms and 260ms at random for the same 1x30mA test).

Board is MCG branded and the local wholesalers don't stock their stuff? I'm assuming it's a rebrand of someone elses kit, anyone know whose?

Cheers!

Ramp test shows tripping at 21mA.

Asides from the unit tripping at vastly differing intervals as stated, a couple of times when I went to reset it the switch failed to engage and sprang straight back down again.

Do you know which other brand units would be a straight swap?

Sounds like leakage to me, rather than a Rcd fault.

Umm I don't know what they match up to mate sorry. Have you tried googling there site an local stockists??

21mA is about the norm if its a 30mA unit

Yeah, the ramp test seemed ok...

So does the 1x30mA test most of the time... trips in a fairly consistent 45ms for a few times, but I do it 10 seconds later and it's tripping in 260ms!

Hi, I was told by Cef that mcg is chint relabelled. Maybe worth looking into?

Reply to MCG consumer unit... RCD needed! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock