Discuss megger 1552 sine wave symbol in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

If i remember correctly , this is what my megger used to show when it went up s""t creek ?
Each time was followed by a rather expensive repair and get this ! The need to pay for a recalibration as megger would not do it at the same time as the repair ???
It happened 3 times in one year about 5 years ago and thats when i went for a top line fluke and touch wood to date !!!

This type of behaviour is typical of a faulty Megger MFT continually displaying the hot warning symbol, when Hi-current loop testing, despite ensuring the MFT has cooled down between tests. Usually caused by a loop load that has reduced in value outside the manufactured tolerance and is being 'cooked'.
The hot warning symbol is a 'thermometer' seen at the top of the display on the far right hand side, on a Megger MFT15xx.
Because the repair of this type of fault requires the replacement of a number of components parts the instrument inevitably requires adjustment and re-calibration to ensure its intended accuracy is brought within the manufacturer's original specification.

Last edited by a moderator:
323.jpg322.jpg321.jpg320.jpg319.jpg318.jpg324.jpg

Hi Telectrix , i know it has taken about 8 months but here it is !
It has been in a flight case on a shelf in the stores for the last 6 years or so after it played up last time .

Reply to megger 1552 sine wave symbol in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I know how I was taught to test a RCD, 6 tests in all two no go, two under 300 mS and 2 under 40 mS with no load. But thinking about it not so...
Replies
Views
Please help, I'm still new to testing for myself and sometimes I wonder if my new Megger is being naughty on purpose as my Fluke wasn't as prone...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, Borrowed someones megger 1552 today to megger an alternator @ 1kv and check windings. now keeps showing battery symbol on IR test It was...
Replies
Views
MacLec
M
S
Hi tried to do a Zs at a house today and my meter displayed "fus" NEVER seen this before. Not in the manual. Not the fuse symbol...
Replies
Views
SPARTYKUS
S
R
Hello all, I am after some advice, I have just bought a megger 1552 tester. I was "practicing" with it today as I am a novice when it come to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock