Discuss Megger 1730 calibrate or not before sale? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

PJH2903

Regular EF Member
I have an MFT1730 which I will be selling (have upgraded) and would value the groups opinion.

The calibration certificate has expired so is it worth me spending the money to have it recalibrated before I sell it?

What would you all pay for a meter that is in excellent condition calibrated v’s uncalibrated?
Thanks

Dustydazzler

Regular EF Member
I personally wouldn’t buy unless it had been recently calibration

A recent calibration makes it look like the meter has been well looked after and still in recent use

TonyMitchell

Electrician's Arms
Calibration will cost £20, provided the instrument is in good condition, selling it with 1 year calibration versus none, you will much more than cover the cost.

OP
PJH2903

PJH2903

Regular EF Member
Sent it off to Test-Meter today for calibration. Anyone interested in making an offer on the meter let me know, it will be back next week when I’ll be able to send pics.

Marti

Electrician's Arms
Love my 1730; bought it used as ex-demo in good nick and no certificate for £500. CEF calibrated it for about £40 plus vat and a train fair - the cheapest I could find anywhere. Could be viewed like an MOT on a used van; something that says "working and ready to go".

Electrician Talk