Discuss Megger MFT 1741 problems!!!!! in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi have had the megger 1741 MFT.
Error code 140 has appeared on the tester which is a fault on the circuit board for the 3 lead low zs test
This is the third time it’s happened, already sent it of twice to be repaired since buying it from new just over a year ago.
Was wondering if any one else had found similar problem with the tester?
Also have individual megger testers which are about 15 years old never had any problems with then.
Very frustrating!!!

When you bought it did you register it with Megger, I would go online and contact their customer support team and air your concerns, if it was brand new then you are covered by the consumers rights act regardless of the warranty if it has expired due to its age of just over a year old, also the issue is recurring so it should give you a strong position to possible have it replaced.
They may tell you to go through the outlet that sold you the Megger first, it might take a little longer to resolve but if they say the warranty has expired and nothing they can do then you have the right to take the complaint direct to Megger.

Hi, what are you using now? if you dont mind me asking!
pessonally, i have built in mistrust of new gear untill it's been tried and tested in the field, not just on some sterile lab bench with men in white coats proclaiming it's the best thing ever. samewith modern cars and vans...all those electronics put in there for the sole benefit of revenue for main dealers. " sure we can diagnose the fault. £90 + vat to find and £--- to fix. OOps that wasn't the fault at all, let's re-diagnose, now that we've eliminated the smoke lighter.."

pessonally, i have built in mistrust of new gear untill it's been tried and tested in the field, not just on some sterile lab bench with men in white coats proclaiming it's the best thing ever. samewith modern cars and vans...all those electronics put in there for the sole benefit of revenue for main dealers. " sure we can diagnose the fault. £90 + vat to find and £--- to fix. OOps that wasn't the fault at all, let's re-diagnose, now that we've eliminated the smoke lighter.."
That's very true ... "Keep it simple stupid" is one of my favourite mottos and sometimes if something is all singing and dancing, when it goes wrong... it's a nitemare! :( and will cost an arm and a leg to fix !!

That's very true ... "Keep it simple stupid" is one of my favourite mottos and sometimes if something is all singing and dancing, when it goes wrong... it's a nitemare! :( and will cost an arm and a leg to fix !!
too true. my van is 2004 with 220,000 on clock. my lady's car is 2012 80,000.
Green Flag tried to double our breakdown cover as the van is 16 yrs old.

'ang on sez me, yous had 3 call-outs last year. all 3 to the car, none to the van. do the math, as the yanks would say.

Reply to Megger MFT 1741 problems!!!!! in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock