Discuss Miele Fridge Freezer part needed in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

zurferjoe

DIY
Reaction score
Hi folks I have a Meile fridge freezer KD12813S and it did not turn on . I think Ihave found the problem , the starter next to ther compresser , I checked it out found out the crrent was not flowing to one of the connections , so >I bridged it and it runs .Of course this is not the anwer , as it seems the temprature regulator has been bypassed and its very cold !It does not help the fact I want to test the regulator inside the fridge but cant get the plastic cover off !! Ive undone the nut behind the wheel that regulates the temparture but it still not cominh off , and the other hole in thepicture is the on and off button removed , because I thought there was a screw behind it ! Wrong , nothing . So Here first of all is the picture of the starter switch , and also the number , and the picture of the plastic cover over the manual regulator . Hope you can help , Harry

Attachments

• IMG_8062.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_8061.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_8060.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 12
Behind that cover should be a thermostat, theoretically replaceable, but part of it is a capilliary tube which has to be routed to where the sensor needs to be, which can be tricky. Eg:

If it's an auto defrost fridge, there may be more control circuitry in addition, so the fault may not be that thermostat.

Can you find the circuit diagram for this model on the interweb?

I'd be getting a service engineer in 🤔

Behind that cover should be a thermostat, theoretically replaceable, but part of it is a capilliary tube which has to be routed to where the sensor needs to be, which can be tricky. Eg:

If it's an auto defrost fridge, there may be more control circuitry in addition, so the fault may not be that thermostat.

Can you find the circuit diagram for this model on the interweb?

I'd be getting a service engineer in 🤔
Yes I can see the thermostat , Ive removed the nut holding the cover over it , but it still wont budge ! OK will get on it thanks ,and yes its auto defrost .

I will look , but have you got the answer to the how to take off this damn plastic cover covering the thermostat ?? I took the nut off behind the ajusting kmnob and its still solid !!

Attachments

• IMG_8060.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 6
You'll probably have to remove the whole control panel. You might find that the nut was part of the fixings for it, or it might not be.
Once the whole panel is off, it will likely be obvious how the 'stat body comes out. The capillary tube might not be so obvious.

Is there a screw anywhere down the light end, screws underneath, or a clip at the back that might allow the cover to slide rearwards (or forwards), otherwise does the cover clip on, in which case you'll have to prise it off (without breaking it !!)
I suspect the chances of someone on this forum having dealt with this exact model is pretty slim, so I'm afraid you're on your own here! Sorry 🤔

Is there a screw anywhere down the light end, screws underneath, or a clip at the back that might allow the cover to slide rearwards (or forwards), otherwise does the cover clip on, in which case you'll have to prise it off (without breaking it !!)
I suspect the chances of someone on this forum having dealt with this exact model is pretty slim, so I'm afraid you're on your own here! Sorry 🤔
No screws etc found yet !! But will keep on looking :cool:

Reply to Miele Fridge Freezer part needed in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock