Discuss 'Modern Electric Wiring' in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

DPG

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
Evening all. Does anyone want to buy a copy of 'Modern Electric Wiring'? Have ended up with some duplicate books in my collection. Published by Caxton, hardback, 1950 (66 years old).

Was after a tenner but that would include postage.

Mods - if this isn't allowed let me know, cheers.

Daz

View attachment 35956

View attachment 35957

Blimey that was quick! Send me a PM and we'll arrange a paypal transfer if that's OK?

Nice one:) I have a collection of old books,and think there is a series of Caxton informatives within there...possibly 40's and another set 50's ish.

I have an 1889 copy of the Buck and Hickman catalogue,by my side,now.

They make great reading,and have assisted immensely,when dissecting or dismantling buildings/installations,having read the actual methods employed to fit them,new.

You can be reading a chapter on a particular task,and go from admiration of lost materials/techniques,to realising that the next instructions,if carried out today,would offer the risk of imprisonment!

If we don't learn from history,we are destined to repeat it ;)

I'm sure one of the books I've got shows live mains wires being dangled in salt water to test polarity!!

Yep, DC mains. The positive wire gave off bubbles in the water if I remember correctly. There's also lead acid battery charging direct from the mains via bulbs as ballast!

...There's my point...first day for the apprentice of old,and he's already been poisoned and electrocuted,and if he protests,he can be physically assaulted,with no redress :) (i actually have a indentured apprenticeship handbook,from the 40's,where it is explained,that this is a daily possibility!)

Evening all. Does anyone want to buy a copy of 'Modern Electric Wiring'? Have ended up with some duplicate books in my collection. Published by Caxton, hardback, 1950 (66 years old).

Was after a tenner but that would include postage.

Mods - if this isn't allowed let me know, cheers.

Daz

View attachment 35956

View attachment 35957

Daz it's only not allowed if I can't buy a copy :rolleyes: If there are any spare I will buy one.
PS I will give you £ 12.00 ;)

Believe it or not I do have another spare copy of this! I must have bought 3 over the years. Memory like a sieve. Shall I reserve it for you gmes?

I've also got a 4 volume set of electrical books twice. Can't remember the title but will look later and post it on here.
Daz.

Believe it or not I do have another spare copy of this! I must have bought 3 over the years. Memory like a sieve. Shall I reserve it for you gmes?

I've also got a 4 volume set of electrical books twice. Can't remember the title but will look later and post it on here.
Daz.
Yes please Daz and I would also be interested in the 4 volume set.

Yes please Daz and I would also be interested in the 4 volume set.

It's yours. Send me a PM and we'll sort a Paypal transfer out. Price same as the other one - £10 is that OK? That's including postage, which is about £3 plus a jiffy bag.

Daz

I've heard a rumour that the very book shown is Tel and Pete's '17th edition' reference manual. :D
But I thought theirs was wrote on Slate. :oops:

Reply to 'Modern Electric Wiring' in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net