Discuss NAPIT bought out Stroma? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

It doesn't say the electrical scheme is included in this route.

There are several schemes that accept the Experienced Worker Route based on verifiable experience, including the plumbing, heating, ventilation and Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS).

For heating, plumbing and ventilation it is required to have a minimum of 3 years’ verifiable relevant experience as well as the requirements listed above.

The Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) has particular requirements based upon the length of experience you have within the scope(s) of work you are applying for as well as the requirements stated above. There are two categories that can be accepted for the EWR: Category 1:3 or more years’ experience and Category 2:1 to 3 years’ experience. Further information can be found in MCS 025 which is available from the MCS website.

I stand corrected on that one then.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have also just had my phone call from Stroma saying that they are being taken over by Napit.

However, just to put any Stroma members minds at rest they said there are to be no changes apart from the technical line number and a slight change to their name as others have said (which still includes Stroma)! We still use the same portal for our notifications, we still have Stroma assessors, there are no changes to the requirements for being a member of Stroma and they will still be called Stroma.

Although I forgot to ask about the price!:D

I have also just had my phone call from Stroma saying that they are being taken over by Napit.

However, just to put any Stroma members minds at rest they said there are to be no changes apart from the technical line number and a slight change to their name as others have said (which still includes Stroma)! We still use the same portal for our notifications, we still have Stroma assessors, there are no changes to the requirements for being a member of Stroma and they will still be called Stroma.

Although I forgot to ask about the price!:D

I got called by NAPIT not Stroma.

I asked about branding and was told "Oh yeah still Stroma for now"
I asked if it would change as I was about to get some cards and leaflets done with logos on. "Erm, you best call back and speak to someone else as I'm just going through this list of members"

I asked about price difference " Well of course we aren't allowed to jack the price up overnight, we won't be doing that just yet"

Hmmmm...

Looks like there is an official announcement:

(I hope this is allowed as it goes to a trade press website, if not, sorry.)

NAPIT bought out Stroma? 55F606A7-DF18-4CD5-BF26-A8EEDF0A3250 - EletriciansForums.netNAPIT bought out Stroma? 55F606A7-DF18-4CD5-BF26-A8EEDF0A3250 - EletriciansForums.net
Just found this page.
Had my annual assessment at the beginning of July, no problems on the assessment but my liability insurance was expiring. Sent them a copy of the new policy on 10th July but it still has not been updated on their system and now I cannot do any notifications as the system says I have no insurance. Been trying to get through on the phone for the last couple of days with no joy. Hope this is not a sign of things to come.

I can't see a problem with collecting companies.
AFAIK, Censure owns NICEIC and since the ECA went belly up in 2008ish now owns ECA and ELECSA.
It wouldn't surprise me if NAPIT didn't buy out Censure after their thrilling performance at the last parliamentary committee meeting, and we're back with one cartel preaching one standard without the indentureship required pre-CITB and then JIB.

View attachment 51195View attachment 51195
Just found this page.
Had my annual assessment at the beginning of July, no problems on the assessment but my liability insurance was expiring. Sent them a copy of the new policy on 10th July but it still has not been updated on their system and now I cannot do any notifications as the system says I have no insurance. Been trying to get through on the phone for the last couple of days with no joy. Hope this is not a sign of things to come.
Contact NAPIT and I'm sure that they can sort this for you.

Just had my Stroma subs refunded, called Napit they werent able to tell me who to pay instead, but the portal still works as of 10 mins ago...my assessment is months overdue and all they told me is that they have a 3 month backlog...think I might notify a few jobs 'in advance' lol.

Finally got to call stroma back today...mentioned that I nearly went with napit this year and she said within 2 years all stroma members will be napit members completely with stroma logos etc being phased out...

So if Stroma installer certification is now part of Napit can we access the Napit software etc for notifications? might be a bit better than the Stroma offering.
Told me today that notification is backed up for months...bit of a mess I think,

Told me today that notification is backed up for months...bit of a mess I think,
Tell me about it. Had my annual assessment beginning of July, all fine. Updated my PL and PI details with them 2nd week in July. Now I am blocked from doing notifications as the system says I am not insured.
Can not get through to anyone at Stroma and Napit say as it is pre-1st August they can not help me with this problem and I need to contact Stroma to get it resolved.
Making me look a right numpty to my customers. Wonder if I could make a claim for reputational damage as a result of this. £££££

Tell me about it. Had my annual assessment beginning of July, all fine. Updated my PL and PI details with them 2nd week in July. Now I am blocked from doing notifications as the system says I am not insured.
Can not get through to anyone at Stroma and Napit say as it is pre-1st August they can not help me with this problem and I need to contact Stroma to get it resolved.
Making me look a right numpty to my customers. Wonder if I could make a claim for reputational damage as a result of this. £££££
I’d ask for me money back if you can’t notify,

Think if this went on for more than a few weeks, I'd seek some legal advice and consider going with another scheme and getting your money back through small claims?

Reply to NAPIT bought out Stroma? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock