Discuss NAPIT bought out Stroma? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Told me today that notification is backed up for months...bit of a mess I think,
That's what the installer portal said to me too when I notified a job last night. Had the notification to my email within the hour though. It's an automated service so I can't see how it gets backed up really.

Hi, been looking at the Stroma/NAPIT topic. I am Stroma registered, and received a phone call from NAPIT yesterday to tell me that they had taken over the electrical aspect of Stroma but 'nothing will change' I would still be Stroma registered and pay the same.

Hold on, there's a Gloucester saddleback just making a four-trotter landing in my yard!

I was with NAPIT for nearly ten years (after being with another organisation that treated its members like cash-cows)but left when I was charged the full amount (Just 8 had gone by then) after being seriously ill and did just 1 notification! By this time my health decreed that I could only do EICR's and third party work.

Why was the 'Just 8' scheme finished? I was told UCAS had told them to stop it as companies with loads of sparkies could benefit from the cheap rates while they kept off the domestic notification work. UCAS denied this when I enquired! Another price hike!

Your existing deal is with Stroma. If your T&Cs have in any way changed they will (should) be informing you in writing.
Continue to contact Stroma in the normal way, on the usual number/email address.

Why was the 'Just 8' scheme finished? I was told UCAS had told them to stop it as companies with loads of sparkies could benefit from the cheap rates while they kept off the domestic notification work. UCAS denied this when I enquired! Another price hike!

I think that it was because the reasons for notification was slashed to not many in the last iteration of Part Pee. NAPIT (in a rare moment of insight) surmised that many one-man-bands may only need 8 notifications a year under the new P requirements and that they (NAPIT) would lose a chunk of revenue if those sparks switched to Just8.
It would have helped me out as I neared retirement......Bar stewards.

They don't seem to be making a great job of the transition, seems to old Stroma section is now backlogged. Wouldn't be surprised if they are just trying to push members to move to the Napit bit and pay the extra money

Your existing deal is with Stroma. If your T&Cs have in any way changed they will (should) be informing you in writing.
Continue to contact Stroma in the normal way, on the usual number/email address.

Maybe they will (should) be informing you in writing about changed T&Cs but they didn't.

Napit are now dealing with the renewal process. The main issue was they will only take payment over the phone from a credit card whereas Stroma used to email me an invoice which I paid directly to their bank account. I really don't like organisations which insist on speaking to you on the phone to extract your money. They seem to operating like a debt collector.

I've heard it's down to different back office systems not being compatible, and things having to be converted across which couldn't happen until the take over had been completed, i.e. IT issues!

If they have enough resources to manually phone people to extract their money then they have enough resources to manually make out invoices and manually email them. So the "IT issues" argument is rubbish. Sounds more like incompetancy.

I’ve just paid up (over the phone) and sent copies of usual docs to them. It took 4 goes to get a return call, so I’m thinking they must be busy busy. No word on an inspection visit yet.

If they have enough resources to manually phone people to extract their money then they have enough resources to manually make out invoices and manually email them. So the "IT issues" argument is rubbish. Sounds more like incompetancy.
Now that is a statement that makes no sense.
Most people can make a phone call, I'm pretty good with computers, networks, etc. but that doesn't mean I could look at the two CRM systems and their databases and start to migrate one to the other, or both to a new system, or even extract the data out of an unknown database but, I can definitely make a phone call.
You don't know how much data has been transferred so far, and to make out thousands of manual invoices and then enter them later, rather than take the payments over the phone and enter the details into their system is probably easier.
So, the manual bit is nonsense.
You're just bitter and twisted about something I think.
Live with it that's what business is about, companies come, go and get taken over.
At least neither of these schemes allow totally unqualified and un-assessed operatives to do work under the banner of their scheme.

I have to say that even with what must be a big upheaval for staff at stroma I’ve had no probs with communication with them through phone or emails, I’ll be honest I was expecting this to be hard work but so far it hasn’t been :)

Reply to NAPIT bought out Stroma? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock