Discuss Napit complaint unresolved in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Originally we had the NICEIC and the ECA, NAPIT were created many years later solely as a testing based organisation. Bring along Part P and it has become a circus even the NICEIC who were previously held in high regard now have the Domestic Installer for the fast track "electrician".
One body or maybe two as it once was possibly dealing with different disciplines of the trade is the way forward with no route to membership for the fast trackers.

If the installation was not notified when complete, then Mr Pratt has broken the law. Does NAPIT consider this serious. Who would / could prosecute this breach of the law?

Hi, below are some of the requirements the scheme provider needs to meet,which clearly are not being met. Firstly get the name and contact details of a senior manager at Napit, then using the second link send in an email explaining your situation and any evidence.

It may be worth emailing the senior manager a copy of the conditions of authorisation and your intent to contact the DCLG in regards to Napits failings, it might make them to act.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...2860/CPS_Conditions_final__April_2016.pdfhttp:

forms.communities.gov.uk
Hi. thanks for the suggestion. Tried that link but got page not found. Do you have any others?
Cheers

It's also a plastic cu in a cupboard under the stairs. The customer can't remember if it was before or after last January he did it but his installation cert is dated 23/3/17.

I don't want to out him on here but hopefully I'll get away with saying his surname is Pratt. Very ironic I thought
Is it actually pratt? Or just his fly by night trading name? Lol

If NAPIT don't respond appropriately to a follow up written complaint then as some one suggested above a letter to their MP asking them to write to DCLG to ask them to get NAPIT to comply with its duties referring to the CPS scheme doc linked to here and including the correspondence with NAPIT etc will likely have the desired effect. Responses to letters from MPs are read, approved and signed by the Minister responsible for that policy area, and fear of a related question in parliament means they often show a willingness to respond helpfully (or rather get their civil service minions to respond helpfully). Also, every government department must respond to all correspondence within a certain time period (something like 20 working days I think but I'm not certain) and some government departments have made a commitment to respond more quickly (you can look it up). Also, if you're not happy with the response you can just keep writing and they have to keep replying (as long as you address why their response is unsatisfactory or why the issue has not been resolved satisfactorily and keep it polite).

Is this another example of a public service responsibility being farmed out to a private enterprise that is raking in a profit but not actually doing its job of protecting the public?

£600 to do a consumer unit, no tests carried out and not even the basic checks, I can bet building control have not been informed either. Disgusting. I am a member of this scheme and we all get tarred with the same brush but I hold myself to a higher standard.

Contrary to what many assume is an important problem,whether its a scheme or a local authority,I believe that in the great scheme of things this is an expensive botch that will attract little if any interest
Its worthy of thought by those who know what should be a standard but its almost irrelevant as far as any scheme or Local authority action is concerned

all us lost like buttons. something to do with dan messing about with a new serviette or summat.

Reply to Napit complaint unresolved in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net