NAPIT Certification Scheme Napit First Assessment

Discuss Napit First Assessment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

Jamieblade1

Newbie here!

Hopefully I've posted in the right section!!

I have my assessment coming up for Napit in a couple of weeks and they haven't sent me a checklist or anything informing me of what the inspector/assessor will be asking or wanting to see. It will be my first time joining an organisation like Napit as I currently work for a company at the minute, who obviously deal with them themselves. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

They won't tell you what they're going to ask because that's up to the person who comes out, he'll get a feel for you (fnarr fnarr) and tailor his questions to suit.

You can look at their website that is not very informative, but it does reference the requirements of minimum technical competence (unfortunately linking to an out of date link) for competent persons, but based on this information the Electricians guide to the building regulations provides a detailed list of the requirements in the appendix (or it did for the last edition (I am not up to date enough to have the current edition).

The requirements are not too onerous so long as you have up to date reference books (BS7671, PArt P, GS38, OSG, MG on EWR), calibration certificates, insurance and details of current jobs you should be OK.

The questions are not usually ones to tax you so long as you are competent and you can always look things up if need (after all the reference books are there).

But follow Trev's advice to get the correct word, they are not out to fail you so they want you to be ready.

My last assessment with them lasted all day, I think he was bored. He wanted to see insurances, certs and notifications, qualifications, waste management policy, subby policy, meter calibration cert, regs and osg, up to date ewr, regs amendments, complaints policy and leaflets, how much tea and biscuits I had, then he asked me questions where I could use the regs and lots of questions off he too of his head, like why do we bond incoming services etc..

You can look at their website that is not very informative, but it does reference the requirements of minimum technical competence (unfortunately linking to an out of date link) for competent persons, but based on this information the Electricians guide to the building regulations provides a detailed list of the requirements in the appendix (or it did for the last edition (I am not up to date enough to have the current edition).

The requirements are not too onerous so long as you have up to date reference books (BS7671, PArt P, GS38, OSG, MG on EWR), calibration certificates, insurance and details of current jobs you should be OK.

The questions are not usually ones to tax you so long as you are competent and you can always look things up if need (after all the reference books are there).

But follow Trev's advice to get the correct word, they are not out to fail you so they want you to be ready.
really....

Reply to Napit First Assessment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock