Discuss Need advice on courses for newbie in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

chillihound

I have been giving thought to training to be an electrician for some time. I'm approaching my forties, I work full time in a shift work type of job so 1 week I might be starting work at 5am the next week I could be finishing at 1am. I have a wife and 2 kids so quiting my current job is not an option in fact I intend to remian in my current job. I want to train to be able to carry out electrical work in my spare time including installation, maintenance and testing in my local residential area and maybe light jobs for some of the local small businesses.

I have spotted a course at tradeskills4u.co.uk:

It consists of the following:

The 4 Day Foundation,
(Part of the domestic Installers job is testing and inspection of existing installations and testing your own work, using Multi Meters, Continuity testers, RCD and Impedance testers. This course includes the practical training of the 2 day course plus 2 days testing and inspection training. This is invaluable particularly if you haven't had the opportunity to use test equipment previously).

The 5 Day part P, VRQ qualification course, is the certificate that indicates your competency. When you decide to register as a Domestic Electrical Installer and start to self certify your installations, this Certificate will be your proof of your competency.

The 3 Day, 17 th Edition Wiring Regulations Course. City & Guilds Certificate 2382. Every practicing electrician must have their wiring regs certificate ( 17th Edition ) and your no exception. This short course is classroom based with an online test and will take you to qualification to obtain your 17th edition wiring regs.

Taken together over 12 days you will leave our center with a fistful of relevant and valuable qualifications. Using this course group if successful you will be able to apply for registration to the NICEIC, Napit, Elecsa etc with confidence, knowing you have acquired all the paperwork necessary to become a registered electrical installer.

Has anyone recieved training from this company? Would this course be sufficient for me to do the type of work I detailed at the top of the post.

Finally thanks in advance to you all and excellent forums, a great find for me.

Hello chillihound and welcome..
To answer your question..you need to go to course feedback...very good posted by jivah, he just completed a course there...he also rated 9/10...
I'm also in the same situation like you...searching for the best place to do the course.
I'm thinking to join ABLE SKILL, because it nearest to me. since reading the posted by jivah...sound interesting.
Check it out .....hope this will help....

Reply to Need advice on courses for newbie in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock