Discuss Need advice Plz in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

It sounds very odd, if the meter is in your house then unless a feed is taken after the meter (also in your house) then no matter what's been done in the mysterious box it shouldn't affect your bill. Anyway, as already mentioned the best thing is for someone to have a look at it and see what's what. I'm in Birmingham so I can take a look if you want?

It depends on how you utilise your electricity supply. Do you cook with it, do you shower with it, do you have 10 or 20 little rugrats needing a lot of cooking, bathing and clothes washing?

I have a card meter and an electric cooker at home and £60 or so would cover a month easily.

ok heres what we roughly use, electric shower, water heater (on constant) washing machine and tumble drier (used approx 4 times a week) tv and sky box desk top computer (used daily about 6 hours i'd guess) fish tank with pump and heater, fridge freezer, and a stand up freezer, alarm clock, all bulbs are energy savers bar kitchen which is strip light, kettle (used alot)
heating and cooking is gas, heater is hot air though so has fan so that uses electric aswell
so with all that said do you think 120 a month is about right then?

ok heres what we roughly use, electric shower, water heater (on constant) washing machine and tumble drier (used approx 4 times a week) tv and sky box desk top computer (used daily about 6 hours i'd guess) fish tank with pump and heater, fridge freezer, and a stand up freezer, alarm clock, all bulbs are energy savers bar kitchen which is strip light, kettle (used alot)
heating and cooking is gas, heater is hot air though so has fan so that uses electric aswell
so with all that said do you think 120 a month is about right then?

That's not too different from mine - warm air heating, washing machine on more than yours (18 month old boy), no low energy lamps though, immersion on constant - my shower was electric pumped, not heated - but my cooker is electric. Kettle used fairly regularly.

Nothing here really indicates a warranted cost of £120 per month.

my husband just said that the boxs contain what looks like 4 large fuses one for each house and if you remove say fuse one the electric in fuse one's house is disconnected, so first does anyone know what this box is so I can relay it to my supply and second could he of connected his to mine?

Distribution panel or it could be a Rye Field board..................please now Holly this is as far as you should be going with this .................

Imago as offered to swing by and have a look for you .................and please do not start pulling fuses out or delving into this.

1) It could be the suppliers board and your interfering with their property

2) It could be 3 phases 400 volts there

3) It could be old and prone to damage being prodded and poked about

don't worry i wouldn't touch i'd blow myself up lol, so if its a ryefield board is it possible that someone could steal electric from me via this board?

It can be fauty but very unlikely, I think somebody is using your supply as well,as you and in my opinion this is a problem of your provider to check AND sort out.

easy really,ring the leccy board up,tell them someones stealing your electricity and they will be round as quick as you can say thief..

Actually, Holly, try this: switch everything off, unplug whatever is plugged in, if your meter still spins then somebody else is connected after your meter. Those meter fitters are by all means -not all of them, of course - highly qualified domestic sparks ( no offence) and a genuinenmistake could have benn made.

I already told my supply, told em about the box nextdoor which they hadn't gotta clue what it was, they told me to find out what it is, i think now its a rye field board, and they sent out a booklet with estimated usage for different household appliances...my supply btw is southern electricity :(

It is NOT your job to find out what it is, it is their responsibility. Bare in mind you are a customer. Would you go to a shop to buy a pint of ---- and the shop keeper tells you that the cow needs milking and it is over there? No you wouldnt.
Don't let go or give up, it is your suppliers responsibility, not yours. As previously posted, threaten them with trading standards and police. Eventually, as Lenny pointed out, they'll come.

It is NOT your job to find out what it is, it is their responsibility. Bare in mind you are a customer. Would you go to a shop to buy a pint of ---- and the shop keeper tells you that the cow needs milking and it is over there? No you wouldnt.
Don't let go or give up, it is your suppliers responsibility, not yours. As previously posted, threaten them with trading standards and police. Eventually, as Lenny pointed out, they'll come.
WOW bet its expensive where you live,they sell milfs by the pint! anyone have the conversion calcs for a tall slim blonde? sorry mate cracking typo couldn,t resist.lol

Reply to Need advice Plz in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock