Discuss Neutral Earth Fault in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

but did he IR test the rigging? it might be shorted to the mast.

That I don't know,
but does the mast have an RA of less than 200 ohms ? ;)

Poor old UK is walking the plank, E54 with the sword behind him, and Tony with the cosh lol :)

H69 strapped to the front as a figure head lol, on the good ship Electrical forum lol :)

....I'm going to give UKsparks a break...i love an under-dog...

His honest enough post has got scent in the hyeenas nostrils...yep,we all know,or should,the correct sequence of events,and whilst these may not have been adhered to,there are lots of other rules,in instances such as this,such as not being legally able to prevent the home-owner saying "i want it on" or "I'm turning it on..."

The comment regarding trainees viewing such details is fair,although their instruction should not leave no place,for a bit of "real-world" input,and being capable of judging the rights and wrongs of said details.

The man who never made a mistake,never made anything :icon12:

....I'm going to give UKsparks a break...i love an under-dog...

His honest enough post has got scent in the hyeenas nostrils...yep,we all know,or should,the correct sequence of events,and whilst these may not have been adhered to,there are lots of other rules,in instances such as this,such as not being legally able to prevent the home-owner saying "i want it on" or "I'm turning it on..."

The comment regarding trainees viewing such details is fair,although their instruction should not leave no place,for a bit of "real-world" input,and being capable of judging the rights and wrongs of said details.

The man who never made a mistake,never made anything :icon12:

There is when a certificate is too be issued and signed by myself.

The Main issue for me is that dead tests should have been carried out before energising the board forget the customer wanted is house back on, That's tough he is not the professional. The 2nd issue and probably more serious is that the damaged cable as been left damaged and even worse as been left energised.

I'm not knocking you, but this fault should have showed up when you did the dead tests before energising the installation.

I know, I know its my fault, I do usually fully dead test at the point of changing the board, I guess with this, I had dead tested the week before which is why I jumped a step to just check everything was working as expected, and was then going to dead test.

I hold my hands up to this.

I know, I know its my fault, I do usually fully dead test at the point of changing the board, I guess with this, I had dead tested the week before which is why I jumped a step to just check everything was working as expected, and was then going to dead test.

I hold my hands up to this.
Every day's a learning day. Just learn from it and move on.

Just read the whole thread
icon7.png

UK I'm glad to hear you did the dead tests
icon14.png

One question only,were the dead tests on the electrical installation or the user
icon11.png

i go to switch it on prior to testing like you do. What?????? And I get banned for 2 weeks for making a daft criticism ? Are you reading this Tazzy?

You did not make a criticism, you abused other members with bad language in your statements.
Personally, I would class yourself as being lucky....any other mod would have given you 6 months.!!!!

UK, don't forget to try and bill the idiot (via the client) that drilled through the cable. I won't slag off joiners as I do joinery myself but to drill by a DB willy nilly is plain *¥°*®ng stupid!

Soooooooooo, your the reason we all have to start fitting steel consumer units next Jan.
Just kidding !!
I'll start sounding like the rest of the forum wolves at this rate.
Take no notice of em,
None are Electricians, there all failed jobs worth's.
In the real world they were bullied at school.
Real electricians take the Mick out of em, which is why they retreat to this place.
And they do a quick Google search before answering threads, to make it look like they know what there talking about.
In real life there not sparks at all !!
There all traffic wardens. :icon12:

Reply to Neutral Earth Fault in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net