Discuss new part p document.... thoughts. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Its still pretty complicated and another one of my books is out of date, (so soon)

Just need to figure out what to do about responding to a third party sign off request.

What should i charge ?

Do i even risk it ?

I may be mistaken but I read the third party malarkey thus, that they would still need to involve the certifying inspector from the off, akin to notifying labc of intended work. In fact its probably been introduced to reduce the burden even further on labc's in circumstances where non registered sparks or others carrying out there own work require certification/notification. But should I ever become engaged in such tosh I'll be certifying bot all that I have not been invited to inspect as work progresses.

my thinking to is the exclusion clauses will ttake up more space than the results sheet.
anyone seen full domestic structural survey report... 3 sheet saying they couldn't see the important bits of a structure, 2 pages saying there may or may not be problems and 1 sheet (in very small type) saying they are not responsible for owt.

£500 please.

makes you spit.

I see it this way the 3rd party sign off will mean less work for LBC and so the local council will be able to cut a few more jobs and even less chance of a cowboy getting done for bad work and I bet the scams will want more money if you do 3rd party sign off with them

- - - Updated - - -

I see it this way the 3rd party sign off will mean less work for LBC and so the local council will be able to cut a few more jobs and even less chance of a cowboy getting done for bad work and I bet the scams will want more money if you do 3rd party sign off with them

keep the first 2 ring cables or radial leaving the cu up to a jb or whatever & replace the rest with as many accessories as you like ! no new circuit tests needed + no more part p , BANG ! Welcome back to the dark ages lol

So you've read the new Part P then!

Reply to new part p document.... thoughts. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net