Discuss New rented sector regs what’s your thoughts on this in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

MG201

-
Reaction score
Housing Minister tightens up rules on electrical safety to better protect renters - https://www.gov.uk/government/news/housing-minister-tightens-up-rules-on-electrical-safety-to-better-protect-renters

Well they are going to bring English housing in rented sector into line with the current Scottish regs, massive boom in testing then as in Scotland there was a mass of testing as soon as it was introduced and even now every letting agent will be looking for reliable testing companies, roughly paying £125 /£150 and your joe blogs doing 8 a day making a fkn fortune , recon there is mass opportunity for the drive by testers what use think , from what I make they will be setting the standard of competence level so prob must be niceic Napit etc but don’t think that will help as we all know there is plenty of unscrupulous people out there that will just see this as an opportunity to make a fortune,

Get a 4th year apprentice on board and get him pimped out to do these he could just take photos of CU and count points and take readings then paperwork can be completed at night by some one who knows what they are doing , as it seems to be there are loads of people who just can’t fill out a form ,

chrome-extension://oemmndcbldboiebfnladdacbdfmadadm/https://assets.publishing.service.g...rivate_rented_sector_working_group_report.pdf

chrome-extension://oemmndcbldboiebfnladdacbdfmadadm/https://assets.publishing.service.g...100/Consultation_on_PRS_Electrical_Safety.pdf

Following on from the above it looks like it will mostly be RCD will be a best practice. And a new scheme for PRS EICR to test for competency as existing schemes only allow for building regs. (not true!) So another new scam scheme I mean will come into play with a new register! Sounds like more cash for someone, certainly not the spark doing the EICR. They are estimating £165 and £95 repairs average. Mhmmm, I don't think so! Another race to the bottom? Standards falling and even more dangerous installations?

Oh...I love how the English eventually come round to our way of thinking!
Pioneers, we are!

Odd how they have also decided that it is much more important to protect tenants than owners, so any a*hole can wire your new-build, but if you rent out, well you must provide a safe environment...

Oh...I love how the English eventually come round to our way of thinking!
Pioneers, we are!

Odd how they have also decided that it is much more important to protect tenants than owners, so any a*hole can wire your new-build, but if you rent out, well you must provide a safe environment...

So all that is happening is a recommendation in the regs is becoming mandatory so those north of the border did it first wow big deal. May be what is really needed is training within the organisations wanting the certification to recognise incomplete and fake certificates and not the usual it says NICEIC at the top so it must be right

As for pioneers can't wait if we follow you with the stupidity of the legionella regs you have

Reply to New rented sector regs what’s your thoughts on this in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock