Discuss Newbie spark needs a bit of advice about tools from the vetrans please ! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

I have got a van, thats part o my problem, i keep buying this stuff then hiding it in my van like someone with a dirty little secret

I went to the elex show, no intention of buying anything and i ended up coming away with the new hilti TE-7A 36v sds

Dooohhh

Ok lads lets start a group !
:D

I have about 5 different full tool-boxes (3 off them the large wheeled stanly chest) each for a different function House bashing, Industrial, panel building, offshore (small & light) & a mix.

I have tools for Sparkying, plumbing, chippying (inc: Bench saw, Chop saw, circular saw, Varios hand saws, Router, biscuit jointer)Hang on a minute I'm supposed to be a sparky!, Plastering, Bricklaying ~(well a pointing trowel & shovel)
I also have a Chainsaw which has remained boxed & unused for 2 years after a mate showed me a clip of someone seriously injuring themselves:eek:. I'm not scared of any tool but Hmm maybe i will get training for this one.

Ok I ADMIT IT I need to join the self help group

My Name is Gary & I'm a TToo
I am a TTT

Oh what's the use I'm off to screwfix to buy something:D

i have a workshop wife calls it a must have shed .. it's not a shed its a workshop .. i have loads of tools from electrical to electronics i have racking for tools,components. i have workbenchs for repairs and woodwork/metalwork. i even have a small bench for ham radio gear & pc repair bench .. and the wife still calls it a must have shed.. its not a shed..
its funny really as lot of people call me a geek.. i just charge them more when thay need a GEEK to fix there stuff lol..

I have about 5 different full tool-boxes (3 off them the large wheeled stanly chest) each for a different function House bashing, Industrial, panel building, offshore (small & light) & a mix.

I have tools for Sparkying, plumbing, chippying (inc: Bench saw, Chop saw, circular saw, Varios hand saws, Router, biscuit jointer)Hang on a minute I'm supposed to be a sparky!, Plastering, Bricklaying ~(well a pointing trowel & shovel)
I also have a Chainsaw which has remained boxed & unused for 2 years after a mate showed me a clip of someone seriously injuring themselves:eek:. I'm not scared of any tool but Hmm maybe i will get training for this one.

My god youve knicked my ffff tools !
I have the same !

My mrs dont know half what i have she wont go in the garage there are SPIDERS !

I have got a van, thats part o my problem, i keep buying this stuff then hiding it in my van like someone with a dirty little secret

I went to the elex show, no intention of buying anything and i ended up coming away with the new hilti TE-7A 36v sds

Dooohhh

LOL thats the problem with being like us ! eventually you have a toolbox worth more than your house !
Tools for every job welders (mig/arc/oxy acetylene) air brush, paint sprayers,compressor,loads and loads of antique electronic test gear,car,bike,van,3 push bikes just in case the car/van/bike brake down and 2 bikes have punctures ! i have more tools than china has rice but STILL NOT ENOUGH ! i need more more more tools and some more after that ! sod the socks at christmas i want tools !

Last edited by a moderator:
When the subject of weddings are brought up by the mrs i have often enquired as to weather Screwfix, snapon, machine mart and tool man do wedding lists???

And the response.......well most of it unrepeatable, lets just say it went down like a fart in a space suit

lol or the titanic ! speaking of which found out me nans mum and dad were booked to go on the titanic but she was taken ill just before leaving and she said you can still go but he didnt but if i could just find that ticket think of all the tools i could buy !

Another thing that scares me is whats going to happen to all my lovely tools when i shuffle off this mortal coil ?
dammmmmmmmm dammmmmmmmmmmmmmm it dammmmmmmmmmmmm dammmmmmmmm dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm dammmmmmmmm dammmmm and dammmmmmmmmmmm dammmmm and dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh noooooooooooooooooooooooo dammmmmmmmmm dammmmmmm dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm and dammmmmmmmmmmmm dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm dammmmmmmmmmm
you get the pict dammmmmmmmmmmmmmm ohhhhhhhhhhhh noooooooooooooooooooo goddddddddddd dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm it dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm dammm
just have a bad nightmare of the mrs selling all my lovely beautiful dammmmmmmmmmmmm dammmmmmm da tools for peanuts and shoe city here she comes dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm im gonna kill hdammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm dammmmmmmm i ent never gona sleep again !

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive cot 4 toolboxes all set up differently. Got one with the sparks gear, one with PAT tools and plugs etc, one with all my engineering tools and a small on with the stuff for the engraving machine................Also got a wall kit in the out buildings with yet more tools, plus a bug box of spare and obscure stuff.........

Yes I am a tool-aholic and Im not afraid to admit it. I also live within sniffing distance of the CK tools factory..........:eek:

Tool wise, buy good and avoid the cheap crap, as with anything, you get what you pay for. If you can get one, halfords do a trade card with good discount on the tools. Halfords professional is lifetime guarenteed and the VDE screwdrivers are the comfiest Ive come across.

My god youve knicked my ffff tools !
I have the same !

My mrs dont know half what i have she wont go in the garage there are SPIDERS !

Spiders in the garage, & a mouse in the shed. My domain is safe:D

LOL thats the problem with being like us ! eventually you have a toolbox worth more than your house !
Tools for every job welders (mig/arc/oxy acetylene) air brush, paint sprayers,compressor,loads and loads of antique electronic test gear,car,bike,van,3 push bikes just in case the car/van/bike brake down and 2 bikes have punctures ! i have more tools than china has rice but STILL NOT ENOUGH ! i need more more more tools and some more after that ! sod the socks at christmas i want tools !

Ok sit on Santa's Knee & tell me what you want. Have you been a good little boy this year?;)

lol or the titanic ! speaking of which found out me nans mum and dad were booked to go on the titanic but she was taken ill just before leaving and she said you can still go but he didnt but if i could just find that ticket think of all the tools i could buy !

Another thing that scares me is whats going to happen to all my lovely tools when i shuffle off this mortal coil ?
dammmmmmmmm dammmmmmmmmmmmmmm it dammmmmmmmmmmmm dammmmmmmmm dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm dammmmmmmmm dammmmm and dammmmmmmmmmmm dammmmm and dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh noooooooooooooooooooooooo dammmmmmmmmm dammmmmmm dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm and dammmmmmmmmmmmm dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm dammmmmmmmmmm
you get the pict dammmmmmmmmmmmmmm ohhhhhhhhhhhh noooooooooooooooooooo goddddddddddd dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm it dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm dammm
just have a bad nightmare of the mrs selling all my lovely beautiful dammmmmmmmmmmmm dammmmmmm da tools for peanuts and shoe city here she comes dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm im gonna kill hdammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm dammmmmmmm i ent never gona sleep again !

No-one is getting hold of my tools apart from my son, I am training him in the art of tool seduction. Once he's qualified as a plumber I will pass on the keys to my magic kingdom safe in the knowlege that no female has ever touched my tool:rolleyes:....

:eek:Hang on a minute..thats not right...what I meant to say is..;)

Well, I read all through the 4 pages and did I find any reference to broom, brush, dustpan, plastic bags? No I did not! Nor, I might add, any reference to Henry, my favourite sucker :)

And what about dustsheets???? Are you lot so good that you can carry out a rewire without making any mess?:rolleyes:

And there's more .......... you need a nice digital camera to take before and after pikkies and a laptop to put them in. You need wellington boots to prevent electrical shock when handling extension leads across puddles. You need a mask so that client can't see you grinning when you tell them how much it will cost and lastly you need a pair of ear defenders to don while you work out your dream invoice in relative peace and calm ..... need I say more? :eek:

Ok, time to go ..... Dentist appointment ...... that reminds me, don't forget the polyfiller!

Well, I read all through the 4 pages and did I find any reference to broom, brush, dustpan, plastic bags? No I did not! Nor, I might add, any reference to Henry, my favourite sucker :)

And what about dustsheets???? Are you lot so good that you can carry out a rewire without making any mess?:rolleyes:

And there's more .......... you need a nice digital camera to take before and after pikkies and a laptop to put them in. You need wellington boots to prevent electrical shock when handling extension leads across puddles. You need a mask so that client can't see you grinning when you tell them how much it will cost and lastly you need a pair of ear defenders to don while you work out your dream invoice in relative peace and calm ..... need I say more? :eek:

Ok, time to go ..... Dentist appointment ...... that reminds me, don't forget the polyfiller!

Hey Hotbuns, If you are talking H&S What about the water wings for your boat? & we know what the camera's really for & what kind of pictures are on the laptop!:eek: :D

So your a neat freak are you, I guess you are right but the replies on this link are all male & cleaning is the last thing on our minds, just ask my Mrs:D :eek: (no Claire, girlracerred etc, I'm not a chauvinist; just a slob)

Hey Hotbuns, If you are talking H&S What about the water wings for your boat? & we know what the camera's really for & what kind of pictures are on the laptop!:eek: :D

So your a neat freak are you, I guess you are right but the replies on this link are all male & cleaning is the last thing on our minds, just ask my Mrs:D :eek: (no Claire, girlracerred etc, I'm not a chauvinist; just a slob)

I can't talk for long, just had a filling and whilst in waiting room THREE! firemen came in and put up a new smoke alarm! And not one dustsheet between them! :eek:

Anyways, I thought we talking about what should be in the toolkit? No one said you had to use it! I have a nice set of Meggar testing equipment .... I keep it in the boxes .... we all know what the right readings are and my work is always spot on so no need to wear the poor things out lolol ... only kidding:D

Reminds of a time a good few years back when we subbed out a house rewire to a friend's company who were short of work. I told the customer they were highly recommended. We received a phone call asking for me to go along. Upon arrival I was taken into the Lounge which was all highly polished parquet flooring, Persian rug, Victorian Display cabinets, crystal decanters .... you get the drift. Sheepish looking electrician's idea of removing ceiling rose was to hit it off the ceiling with a hammer. He didn't even use a ladder! Bit's of bakerlite splinters embedded in everything (3 rooms he managed without a care in the World till customer enquired, "Which part of 'off' don't you understand!). Goodbye subby and we had reschedule our other jobs to get an electrician in and get the work completed. Naturally enough, no more work from that client! :mad:

I can't talk for long, just had a filling and whilst in waiting room THREE!
Ouch!:(
firemen came in and put up a new smoke alarm! And not one dustsheet between them! :eek:

I bet you got a photo for your laptop though! lol:D

Anyways, I thought we talking about what should be in the toolkit? No one said you had to use it! I have a nice set of Meggar testing equipment .... I keep it in the boxes .... we all know what the right readings are and my work is always spot on so no need to wear the poor things out lolol ... only kidding
:D

I keep mine at the wholesaler so the warranties don't expire:D:rolleyes::D

Reminds of a time a good few years back when we subbed out a house rewire to a friend's company who were short of work. I told the customer they were highly recommended. We received a phone call asking for me to go along. Upon arrival I was taken into the Lounge which was all highly polished parquet flooring, Persian rug, Victorian Display cabinets, crystal decanters .... you get the drift. Sheepish looking electrician's idea of removing ceiling rose was to hit it off the ceiling with a hammer. He didn't even use a ladder! Bit's of bakerlite splinters embedded in everything (3 rooms he managed without a care in the World till customer enquired, "Which part of 'off' don't you understand!). Goodbye subby and we had reschedule our other jobs to get an electrician in and get the work completed. Naturally enough, no more work from that client! :mad:

Ouch, Ouch & Ouch!

I once had to look at work done at a particularly expensive house in London (original Andy Warhols etc on the walls) for a resteranteur (not saying who). I entered via the tradesmens entrance (oo-er-missus) & as he walked me out of the front door I couldn't help myself & deliberately treaded on the (real) tigerskin rug, where-upon I went skidding across the highly polished floor:eek: Didn't get any more work out of him!

Reply to Newbie spark needs a bit of advice about tools from the vetrans please ! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net