Discuss Newbie spark needs a bit of advice about tools from the vetrans please ! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Sharkster

Alright chaps !

My name's Mark and after several years of typical dossing around in my youth, I did the 3 years of the 2330 and the 2391, still to do the 17th. Anyway I'm in the process of gathering up the tools I need for housebashing/mild industrial and I've cobbled together the below, which I've doubtlessly missed stuff off. Can anyone who's willing cast their eye over it please and see if there's anything I've missed ? Thanks for your help I really appreciate it :D:D

VDE screwdrivers, various heads
VDE pliers, sidecutters, log nose & needlenose
Crimpes & crimps
Wirestrippers
Studfinder
Megger MTK320 test kit
Multimeter
Selection of various sixe drillbits
Uplighter cutting blades
Lump hammer (fpr chopping out)
Clipping hammer
Braddle
Chisels
Hacksaw
Normal saw
18V drill to use as an screwdriver
36V drill
Safety notices and bonding clamp tags
Plumb bob
Chalk for marking out
Spirit levels
Conduit bender
Clampmeter
Proving unit & voltage tester
Fishwire for pulling through conduit
Stanley knife

mars bar .. spoon for tea or soup on those cold days :)

mini label printer,heat shrink,gromit kit,flang kits, rubber gloves ..
notepad & lots of pencils ....

Last edited by a moderator:
Something to scrape the(NO SWEARING) plaster out of back boxes and plenty of crimps for repairing the cables that plumbers drill through.

Head torch, bolster, spade bits, tape measure, sds drill & bits, floorboard saw, plasterboard saw, plastic conduit cutters.............you won't need everything day one, suss out each job & build your bag to suit. I know they're not tools but I rate Wagos & Wago boxes.

wonderlead,floorboard lifter,croc clip jump leads,spare meter leads ya thay do go faulty,portable lighting for loft space i have a lidl one 29.99 just charge it up away you go gas soldering iron, walkie talkies,on-site guide & snag books ( scan pages in and keep in wallets books do go walkies on site ).. i do carry to much stuff when onsite or any other job i do.. even when i used to do tv,video servicing i take to much stuff ..
boxes of screws,wallplus,gromits,heatstrink black,brown,blue,green/yellow,gray.. plus lots of stuff i buy and never use..
hope some of this helps ...

could go on and on and on all day sharkster, but a bit of experience behind you and you will soon know what you really need and what you will never actualy use. Ive being doing this job 6 years now and ive just got just about everything i need, toolbox crammed full of a lot of stuff i will never use ( im a sukker for a bragain) will just take time m8

file (flat and round), spirit level, boat level, phase tape, SDS mandrill for youe holesaw, sds chuck,
screwfix/Ikea pencil (you got to look after the pennies), a long weight, spare screw diver bits for your 18v drill, box chasers (make a note to self to get one)

lockable toolbox, padlock and chain

not everyone is honest :(

Richard

I cannot help on this subject as i have lost all grip on reality and can no longer tell you what is essential and what is not, so much so that my mrs now is convinced that i am trying to buy one of everything in the screwfix catalouge

my mrs now is convinced that i am trying to buy one of everything in the screwfix catalouge

Yeh I know what you mean high tower, I'm a toolaholic myself, I can't pass a tool shop without getting a fix; even if its only window shopping.
I even have to limit my visits to B&Q:eek: I think I need help,
I am told the first step is admitting you have a problem.;)

Yeh I know what you mean high tower, I'm a toolaholic myself, I can't pass a tool shop without getting a fix; even if its only window shopping.
I even have to limit my visits to B&Q:eek: I think I need help,
I am told the first step is admitting you have a problem.;)

Ok lads lets start a group !
My name is Tony and im an toolaholic !
It all started when i was a young boy and watched an episode of TOOLTIME !
At first i thought i could handle it but then came the hot sweats !
I dream of SALE NOW ON ! ads from tool shops !
People talk about me to each other ! they see the signs !
Jason has a double socket transmitter and will install it in my home so my mrs can intersept my tool extention plan !
My tools arnt safe anymore im a self made toolionaire and everyone wants to steel them !
Go away everyone and leave me alone !
That felt better felt like a big weight was lifted off my back !
Im now off to celebrate with a new tool !
:D

My names Aiden, and im addicted to buying tools. I live in birmingham just a short walk from a quaint shop caled toolman.( Toolman Yardley, tools ,bahco tools, C.K,stanley tools, estwing,stabila, marshalltown, bosch, knipex, trend, irwin,draper, fluke, monument, kamasa, fisco, silverline, rothenberger, irazola screwdrivers, ) Toolman stocks all sorts of great handtools at about 75% of their rrp! so i am yet to leave having spent less than £50 ( i have more irzola vde drivers and knipex cutters, pliers and stripers than i know what to do with)

The HILTI devil owns my soul and probably soon will own half my house if i buy anymore shiny new red powertools.

At the last count i have 6 various makita cordless drills of varying voltages and try to use a different one every day

I have 3 sds drill of different grades " Just in case"

I also have a addiction to anything made by Sthil hence i have 2 petrol disc cutters

3 circualrs all by makita 1 is a 18v

3 grinders one is a 18v all makita

2 x 24v sds

2 jig saws both makita 1 is 18v

And i have plans for much much more

My van is very ---- with everything labled and in its place

I bought a paslode nail gun for nailing galv sheathing to walls in domestic (just because it was the only way i could justify buying one)

I have Just had a Hilti gx120 gas nailer for fixing cable track/tray to concrete

God i need help

And if my mrs ever finds out im dead!!

Reply to Newbie spark needs a bit of advice about tools from the vetrans please ! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net