Discuss niceic domestic or niceic full scope in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

michufc

hi i am regestered as a domestic installer with the niceic just wondered what the differance was with the niceic approved contractor or did i need any other certs

cheers

Approved contractor status is sometimes required for commercial and industrial work.

Give the NIC a call and they will be able to help (i would think).

the main differences i know about are

you can work on commercial and industrial
give a nic cert when you do a pir

like jason said give nic a ring im sure they will have all the info your after

just another point i think you have to be trading for 2 years to become a approved contractor maybe wrong though

hope this helps

If you go onto the NIC website

NICEIC Direct Search - Find an Electrician

click on the "Contractors" Tab and then "NICEIC Schemes" there's information and downloads on both the approval process and gaining approval - there's also the contact numbers at the bottom of the page if you want to give them a call.

Cheers

Will

Sorry,

just seen that url has auto inserted a link that takes you to the wrong page

it should say niceicdirect - you'll need to put in the www and .co.uk at either end of to make the link work. (Sorry had to do it this way to stop the url auto insert problem )

Will

http://www.nice

http://www.niceicdirect.co.uk/

Last edited:
Guys,
DIS approval through the NICEIC allows you to carry out domestic electrical installations and register them under Part P through oursevles as a registered scheme provider for Part P.
You can issue domestic electrical installation certificates and domestic minor works certificates with the NICEIC approval on them.
Any other work can be carried out by you but you must either issue a green certificate or a certificate based on the model forms from rhe BS7671.
However those scopes of work are outside the remit of your NICEIC approval.

NICman.

Reply to niceic domestic or niceic full scope in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net