Currently reading:
NICEIC / ELECSA / NAPIT - how did you get on with the assessment?

Discuss NICEIC / ELECSA / NAPIT - how did you get on with the assessment? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

The plumber came out this morning and moved his pipe just finished my assessment went with a breeze spoke at home non electrical he mixed in some questions about my electrical background then onto my job which was a rewire he unscrewed a pendant checked that while i got my tester ready for a Ze test told him the result then asked me what was the maximum Ze for a tncs .That was all the testing i had to do cant believe all the worry and prep i had to do turned out to be a pleasant experience looking forward to next year.

Had my Napit assesment this morning, not really had any chance to worry about it, as it was arranged friday morning, and I started a good sized job on monday i spent all weekend thinking about that.

The assessment was quite pleasant, ran through all the things everyone has said about, I answered a few questions mainly about inspection and testing, why do we do this, show me that in the regs. I asked him a few questions that i had.

For my job we walked to the end of my garden to my garage (only job i've done recently that's with in 30 miles of home) where I demonstrated testing of Zs and he showed me the RCD auto test feature on my tester

After that he said well done and off he went!

Iv got my assessment 2morrow and am shutting myself iv done a consumer unit change and added a new circit supplying outdoor socket. Will let u now how it went

Niceic Disq passed recently,local authority want a cable track as ive already plastered the place and they cant see where the cables go.Anyone heard of this one,got to get private company to carry out this one then theyve got to submit it to the building control along with my test readings .The private comp also got to do periodic,red tape i guess anyone in the same boat?

Hi, just had my elecsa assesment and felt it went well. After checking my paperwork was all in order got a bit of a grilling on the regs. The practical questions ( socket heights, depth of chases, spacing of notches in joists etc.) no problem. Got in a bit of a flap on the more technical side, alot of questions on TT systems!?! that i had to refer to my regs book for as I have very little eperience and a few others that when the same question phrased differently made more sense.

Then on to the job (CU change over) no problems, performed ring circuit continuity test, Zs and Ze tests and RCD test. Think I need to work on my explanations a bit as I work alone mostly I know what im on about and that I work by the regs so dont worry but think my laymans terms may have confused the issue slighty.

I was extremely nervous but found the assesment to be fair and the assesor polite and helpful. He left saying he felt I was fine and that he will see me next year so I take it that Ive passed. I suppose I have to wait for his report to be processed and then Elecsa will let me know either way. If any one knows what happens next let me know!

All in all not as bad as I had feared but wish I had done a bit more revision.

Shock doctor : who was your assessor as I done exactly the same tests as you few weeks ago. Was it George Ada or something like that ? And if he didn't give you a yellow sheet you've passed and should get welcome pack through in about a week with van stickers keyrings etc.

My assessment went looking back now fairly straight forward talked about a couple of local sparkies checked all my paperwork looked through previous test certificates mixed in one or two general questions which i thought was quite easy then onto a rewire done one test Ze at the board he checked a pendant and took off one light switch job done must of caught my assessor on a good day he let me know there and then that i had passed.i

I was checking out Ableskills as they have a set up for Part P, and getting prepared for assessments for NICEIC / ELECSA / NAPIT and 2382/2392 , but want just under 2k cover all the courses over 20 days..how's that with so many options around, has anyone used ableskills.cheerzz:rolleyes:

Shock doctor : who was your assessor as I done exactly the same tests as you few weeks ago. Was it George Ada or something like that ? And if he didn't give you a yellow sheet you've passed and should get welcome pack through in about a week with van stickers keyrings etc.

M4tty sounds like the same guy, George Eka was his name. As he didnt give me a yellow sheet I'll take that as a pass then! :) thanks for lettin me know.

can you advise me.
I am soon to undergo an assesment by Napit and because of an illness in the family i haven't done much work installing over the last 8 months. I read where they check your diary and expect to see other things like material invoices relating to the business. Is this correct.

thanks

I cant speak for everyone but on my assesment they didnt ask for anything like that. They do want to see that you have some form of system to manage your paperwork and risk assesment/health and safety policy etc but not material receipts. Im sure some of the others will be along in a minute to let you know if they were asked anything like that.

I cant speak for everyone but on my assesment they didnt ask for anything like that. They do want to see that you have some form of system to manage your paperwork and risk assesment/health and safety policy etc but not material receipts. Im sure some of the others will be along in a minute to let you know if they were asked anything like that.

Ive got my first napit assessment on wednesday, this is what they sent me to make sure ive got everything in order.

Has anyone had neil woods (im in essex) id be interested to hear what hes like

synu4e2y.jpg

Reply to NICEIC / ELECSA / NAPIT - how did you get on with the assessment? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back