• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

NICEIC prices going up, thinking of going with stroma.

Discuss NICEIC prices going up, thinking of going with stroma. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

sham

S B ELECTRICIAN
Has anyone considered moving to Stroma, or have you already done so. I've had an email from NICEIC saying that they increased their prices. Therefore I am considering moving to Stroma. Also, Stroma say they do not have an issue with third party certs, as NICEIC told me that they do not allow it.

(Stroma Certification is one of the only UK certification bodies to be authorised by DCLG to operate a Domestic Electrical Installation Third Party scheme. This strand of certification allows an electrician to check the work of another Competent Person and verify a domestic installation as compliant.)

sham

S B ELECTRICIAN
NIC going up by £10. Do you not increase your rates annually?
If I have to increase my prices because they do, that is an issue for me. They are already expensive. Does the customer care, he will go to the cheaper person. it's not only £10 it's £10 on their already expensive price on a service they are bad at.

Bellendian

Regular EF Member
Why would anyone see the 3rd party thing as beneficial?
Personally I reckon I could do the work and self certify the whole thing quicker than all the agro that would come with trying to coach diyers and handymen to the point that they produced a compliant install. Plus, the main reason for anyone wanting to adopt that approach is likely to be cost saving, so I don't really see it as a great plus point.

essex

Forum Mentor
If I have to increase my prices because they do, that is an issue for me. They are already expensive. Does the customer care, he will go to the cheaper person. it's not only £10 it's £10 on their already expensive price on a service they are bad at.
But inflation would mean you are earning less than last year if you do not put your prices up.

sham

S B ELECTRICIAN
Why would anyone see the 3rd party thing as beneficial?
Personally I reckon I could do the work and self certify the whole thing quicker than all the agro that would come with trying to coach diyers and handymen to the point that they produced a compliant install. Plus, the main reason for anyone wanting to adopt that approach is likely to be cost saving, so I don't really see it as a great plus point.
Would you go to Stroma, because they are allot cheaper ?

sham

S B ELECTRICIAN
But inflation would mean you are earning less than last year if you do not put your prices up.
Yes, but in the case of Stroma they allot cheaper. So if I did join them, I would not need to increase my prices.

Starjack

Dont hate my success, strive to match it.
Electrician's Arms
It's only going up by 10.00 that's the cost of a breakfast, things aren't that bad are they.

Bellendian

Regular EF Member
In the grand scheme of business overheads it's jack. Premises and vehicles far more significant, so I'd rather stick with a more recognised brand.

Reactions: DPG

sham

S B ELECTRICIAN
In the grand scheme of business overheads it's jack. Premises and vehicles far more significant, so I'd rather stick with a more recognised brand.
In domestics, customers do not really care in my experience. They have no idea of schemes and building notifications, or they do not care.

Official Sponsors

Electrician Talk

Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript![ ? ]