Search the forum,

Discuss No one working over the Christmas holidays this year then?? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

You must be drunk if you're offering to give away your cider recipe;)

We have a lot of regular clients so we cover emergencies over the holidays but we charge preminm rates home to home and we have the final say if it's an emergency or not. Some of our clients are in Botswana, Mozambique and Zambia so a call out is usually at least a 2 day affair.
Marvo , that last line sort of puts it in perspective !!!! :speechless:

You must be drunk if you're offering to give away your cider recipe;)

We have a lot of regular clients so we cover emergencies over the holidays but we charge preminm rates home to home and we have the final say if it's an emergency or not. Some of our clients are in Botswana, Mozambique and Zambia so a call out is usually at least a 2 day affair.
so in other words....everytime you go out to a job....your on safari?...

Marvo; about that service engineer job with relocation package you were just about to offer me......

Due to weather and having not power down here for the last 24hrs....could not finished works in 2 schools.....so now working 27th/28th....watching the staff throwing tons of food from the freezers, into the bins.....what a waste...!!!

Never had Christmas day off for fourteen years on the trot.
The only thing planned for tomorrow, cook lunch, go to pub. Depending on how it goes at the pub, lunch may be supper.

Had 2 call outs already with water getting into an underground cable and rodent damage , lots of work to do on both in the new year , with further testing then remedial work on both ,,,

Im on call tomorrow for council street lighting. They are paying me a whopping £30 for the bother ! But If I get called out its double pay min 4hrs & a day off in lieu so wouldn't mind a nice little 'easy fix' for an hour tomorrow afternoon

Im on call tomorrow for council street lighting. They are paying me a whopping £30 for the bother ! But If I get called out its double pay min 4hrs & a day off in lieu so wouldn't mind a nice little 'easy fix' for an hour tomorrow afternoon
Pass on the phone number to someone you know mate

I remember the one , it was posted by fuzzydunlop and he reckoned his mate was going to get 18k for three days cover !

It was a reply in a thread that I had started , to moan about getting a callout at about half ten at night on Christmas Eve which was 130 miles away back down in Bucks .
I then had one come in on Christmas morning as well !

That's the one!!

Was it £18K, so my recollection was underestimated then..lol!! I knew it was something totally preposterous, must think we had all just come up the river or something!! lol!!

That's the one!!

Was it £18K, so my recollection was underestimated then..lol!! I knew it was something totally preposterous, must think we had all just come up the river or something!! lol!!
i remember it....yep fuzzydunlop was the author of that one.....

thought it was bull at the time....still think its bull...

That's the one!!

Think I will stick to warmer climates this Christmas lol!

Attachments

• IMG-20131225-00163.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 74
or for some real taste.......20130407_172922.jpgsorry about the sideways... bloody computers.and it's from yorkshire.

Only had one call out ths year. Christmas eve call from a Bupa care home we did some bits for a while ago. Tree fell down on the overhead lines taking out l1 ans l3. Had to juggle the sub mains around a bit to get their essential services back online then will have to go back in a week or two to put it back when the lines have been fixed. I do like an emergency call out!

Reply to No one working over the Christmas holidays this year then?? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock