Discuss Nodular network of heating sensors/transponders? in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Theoretically, is it possible to utilise/connect to the sensor in a heater, even if the heater is not connected to a power source? Presumably, the sensor has some of antenna which would enable it to sense temperature outside of the circuitry. If so, is it possible to network these sensors with other transponders/sensors in a nodular fashion? If so, How could this be powered? Would it need much power? How could it work? I ask because I think someone is doing it and I need to find out how it is being achieved.

Many thanks.

Theoretically, is it possible to utilise/connect to the sensor in a heater, even if the heater is not connected to a power source? Presumably, the sensor has some of antenna which would enable it to sense temperature outside of the circuitry. If so, is it possible to network these sensors with other transponders/sensors in a nodular fashion? If so, How could this be powered? Would it need much power? How could it work? I ask because I think someone is doing it and I need to find out how it is being achieved.

Please can you expand on this mate.
Where is this happening? in a home, factory....?
What is the purpose of sensing the heater remotely?

Please can you expand on this mate.
Where is this happening? in a home, factory....?
What is the purpose of sensing the heater remotely?
Thanks for responding.

This is happening in our home. The purpose is (I think) twofold to locate human presence and to send a charge of energy to that location.

I know it sounds bizarre, but when moving to a location, there will be what sounds like loud static-type clicks down the power line in the wall near one's location , followed by clicks in the next nearest powerline in the wall, etc., such that there is a form of triangulation. Once that has occurred, there is a kind of whooshing sound which accompanies what feels like a surge of electricity. This kind of activity has blown sockets which are switched off and unoccupied. It has also elicited brief flashes (kind of white sparks) from the triangulated area, where there are power points and lines.

It seems to me as though the electrical system is being weaponised, somehow.

In the household, there is a creep who is very familiar with electricity, and is constantly 'playing' with it.

What I should do is to obtain an EMF reading of sorts, but my eyesight makes that very difficult.

So that is why I ask if it is at all theoretically possible to do.

Thanks for your time, mate.

[automerge]1591182274[/automerge]

I'm presuming this house is a shared accommodation, or why would you have 'a creep' living in the same house.... (Yes, my wife has... but that's going off topic)
If it's shared then see what the landlord has to say about sockets getting damaged while nothing is being plugged in and get them to get an electrician in to test the circuits.. Of course, not the 'creep'.
Is it always the same wall making the sounds and same sockets that get damaged?
Usually the cable to sockets come from below and up to the sockets so the 'power lines' mostly are under the floor... You say the static sound is coming from the wall.
Have you got a 'cable detector' that you could check to see where the cables are in the walls?

As above.
And what did the electrician find when he came to repair the damaged sockets?

I'm presuming this house is a shared accommodation, or why would you have 'a creep' living in the same house.... (Yes, my wife has... but that's going off topic)
If it's shared then see what the landlord has to say about sockets getting damaged while nothing is being plugged in and get them to get an electrician in to test the circuits.. Of course, not the 'creep'.
Is it always the same wall making the sounds and same sockets that get damaged?
Usually the cable to sockets come from below and up to the sockets so the 'power lines' mostly are under the floor... You say the static sound is coming from the wall.
Have you got a 'cable detector' that you could check to see where the cables are in the walls?
No, it's owner occupied by my husband and myself - we are divorcing and he does not want a divorce, because he doesn't want to share the proceeds of the sale of the house.

It always concerns the location of the socets and switches. But also, the location of standalone and central heating radiators. For some reason, my husband has about 10 electronic heaters upstairs. He is on the upper floor and I am on the ground floor. He has recently laid bamboo flooring on the upper floor and I suspect he has laid down some wiring between the floor and the acoustic underlay, such that he is somewhat insulated from the effects.

It is all the walls. I know where the power lines are - they run vertically from sockets (including light switches and in a grid pattern where the ceiling lights are. The downstairs sockets are vertically beneath the upstairs sockets. Ditto the lights. I could probably confirm the location of the cables with a cable detector, but I already know where they are. I will probably get one anyway. Thanks.

Again, what did the electrician report when he came to replace the damaged sockets?

As above.
And what did the electrician find when he came to repair the damaged sockets?
The electrician just assumed that something that had been plugged into the socket had blown the socket, even though I told him that it had not been used and was switched off. He then lectured me on overload of outlets, even though my entire room only has 3 sockets in use (there are4 double sockets (8 in total). (One has my leptop plugged in, another, a table lamp, and another, my speakers.

Has there ever been any damage to appliances that you own?

Where about are you in the UK?
You could get someone in to do an Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR).
It will cost money but it will put your mind at rest as to what electrics you hubby has going on upstairs.
You can tell him you are having one done due to the sockets blowing with nothing plugged in.

Spoon's idea is the best - get things checked out by an electrician.

Where about are you in the UK?
You could get someone in to do an Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR).
It will cost money but it will put your mind at rest as to what electrics you hubby has going on upstairs.
You can tell him you are having one done due to the sockets blowing with nothing plugged in.
Thanks. I've only just had an Full Inspection done from an electrician, and still await the report. However, he said that it would not show any emissions (surges), particularly those that emanate from a socket which is switched off with no plug in it.

You see, I'm tring to ascertain whether it is theoretically possible to utilise the electrical cables as conduits, even though they are swirched off. For instance, a typical three-pronged plug has three terminals into which wires are inserted - including "live". Usually, the copper wires protrude from the terminals. While theplug's casing insulates the wire somewhat, is it not possible to attach/connect an 18V battery to the live wire, such that it is powered?

One of reasons I ask is that he has a large number of these in his room. Also, when the electrician came round, He did not want to allow him into his room, and only capitulated once we gave him a few minutes to 'clear up'.
[automerge]1591212764[/automerge]
Spoon's idea is the best - get things checked out by an electrician.

'The electrician who did my inspection two days ago, said that I would need to find someone to do EMF testing. But surely, that would only produce a result when the live wires are in the process of being seconded/hijacked (see above). So I would really have to carry out this testing myself, when it is actually in process.

That is why I need to know if my hypothesis is theoretically correct.

Truly, I need a detective! But I don't have that kind of money.

Your help and interest (all responders) is much appreciated.

What are the 18V battery arrangements you say he has a lot of? Try and get a photo.

I would like to see the report. It may not show surges, but should describe the damage to the sockets and their relevant circuits.

240VAC does not radiate out from sockets. And if it were any higher voltage then your appliances would get damaged, which you say they haven't.

You see, I'm tring to ascertain whether it is theoretically possible to utilise the electrical cables as conduits, even though they are swirched off. For instance, a typical three-pronged plug has three terminals into which wires are inserted - including "live". Usually, the copper wires protrude from the terminals. While theplug's casing insulates the wire somewhat, is it not possible to attach/connect an 18V battery to the live wire, such that it is powered?

The circuits in the house are at 240VAC, even if nothing is plugged in. If you could measure anywhere along the circuit you would get 240VAC. (ok you would get voltage drop on long runs but I'm trying to keep things simple)
If you were to attach a 18V battery (which is DC) to the mains (240VAC) it would not do the battery any good. You would definitely not be powering anything from the battery afterwards.

Reply to Nodular network of heating sensors/transponders? in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock