Discuss Ok to use concentric cable as meter tails?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

n180

-
Reaction score
Been asked to do an eicr on a flat above a shop.

Tails are run in concentric cable from isolator switch by the meter, to the main switch in fuseboard.

Never run into this before so not if this is still deemed acceptable or not? Any advice, reg numbers?

Thanks in advance.

IMG_20190927_103046875.jpg

Tails are run in concentric cable from isolator switch by the meter, to the main switch in fuseboard.

Concentric cable cannot be used as it only has two cores, line and a PEN. Split concentric cable is permitted however it does not meet the requirements for a cable buried in a wall without RCD protection.

If there is only an isolator at the meter position and no ocpd then it's a problem.

And it's not tails, it should be a distribution circuit.

Reply to Ok to use concentric cable as meter tails?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm practising EICRs on friendly locations as I'm still in training - technically done my 2391-52 but frankly need loads more practise. I've just...
Replies
Views
Hi, while carrying out an EICR at a farm cottage on Friday i came up against a problem early on. Whilst measuring the Ze the reading i obtained...
Replies
Views
DNO ripped out antique main incomer/breaker .The guy hated us and himself and everyone else by the end of the job ! . Client going to contact...
Replies
Views
I really hope someone can help me. Last July I got an electricity bill showing an enormous rise in my kwh consumption of about 900% from what it...
Replies
Views
Hi, Ignoring the appauling conductor terminations which I found, in the background of the photo you can see a really odd neutral tail terminated...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock