Discuss Old 3 phase Lucy Oxford main cut out- removing fuses in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
8B574D0F-7436-4881-835E-5ECE4EBE3AE9.jpeg

How do you remove these to kill the bus bar chamber

Is that a DNO service head.

Yes it is . Do you know how to safely get them fuses out as we need to disconnect all outgoing supplies from the bus bar.

If that is a DNO service head replace the cover and consult the supply company. Aside from being dangerous you should not be interfering with it.

Looks straight forward to me, but you answered Yes to Westward's question so as above, it's not for you to touch.

You'll be horrified with the procedure the DNO will go to to cut the power to that.

I would have said when you see what the DNO do, but they won't let you be in sight of it when they they're working on it.

And there's a fair old bit of bare copper hiding in there...

It feeds a busbar with no intermediate switching from the head to the busbar?

How bizarre. Didn’t see that response coming.

@darkwood a perfectly correct answer.

its DNO property. They are only ones legally allowed to pull it. He knows this but wants advice on pulling it anyway.

as I said bizarr.

They are being helpful because as you know - at least you may of been blinded , at worst.....

Reactions: DPG
Thanks for wasting my time with something I already know. I was told it would be helpful on here but obviously it’s just full of electricians with a electrician forum hobby.
We apologise for not suggesting you commit a criminal act, you post the evidence to incriminate yourself on a public forum too and admit you are already aware in a later post. Then you throw your dummy out of the pram because we won't aid and abet a criminal act by giving the info you requested.. if that is your attitude then you will not be missed if you do not pass this way again.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Old 3 phase Lucy Oxford main cut out- removing fuses in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net