Discuss Opinions on Martindale ET4500 tester in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi guys

I’m starting out on my own, whilst still in employment (I do shift work, so working around that). I’ve been looking at dozens of multifunction testers and the Martindale ET4500 really stands out to me, it’s got great features and at a good price. There’s not many reviews on it though, and a couple of websites are claiming there’s a PAT adaptor so that you can pat test on it and save results like you can do with dead/live tests. Is this true? Seems too good to be true.
thanks

Dont know about the PAT attachment but I have had one for 2 years and had no complaints . Bought from this site sponsor and recalibrated through them also. Had a chance to compare it to some other testers when I did the 2391 course. Stood up well to the Flukes, metrels and Kewtechs. Comes with a decent array of accessories. If you work in an area which has a lot of TT installs I would maybe think of buying the more expensive model. Doesnt affect me where I work.....or not so far anyway.
TLDR: had it 2 years, pleased i bought it?

Dont know about the PAT attachment but I have had one for 2 years and had no complaints . Bought from this site sponsor and recalibrated through them also. Had a chance to compare it to some other testers when I did the 2391 course. Stood up well to the Flukes, metrels and Kewtechs. Comes with a decent array of accessories. If you work in an area which has a lot of TT installs I would maybe think of buying the more expensive model. Doesnt affect me where I work.....or not so far anyway.
TLDR: had it 2 years, pleased i bought it?

thanks for your response. I’ve seen one at £450, perhaps I should buy!

I've had one for just over a year now Lewis, very pleased with it.
The ET4500 is the one that does earth electrode testing so if not required the ET4000 is about £100 cheaper, as far as I'm aware it does all that the 4500 does apart from the earth test which I use, and the memory which I dont use.
It's a good meter for the money.

Hi guys

I’m starting out on my own, whilst still in employment (I do shift work, so working around that). I’ve been looking at dozens of multifunction testers and the Martindale ET4500 really stands out to me, it’s got great features and at a good price. There’s not many reviews on it though, and a couple of websites are claiming there’s a PAT adaptor so that you can pat test on it and save results like you can do with dead/live tests. Is this true? Seems too good to be true.
thanks
Hi mate, I bought the ET4000 about a year ago for a very similar reason and its done everything that I needed it to.
All the best going out on your own too!:thumbsup:

Reply to Opinions on Martindale ET4500 tester in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock