Discuss Paying in cheques using your smart phone .... in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

^^ ha ha , very funny

Use the app and photograph each side

can use it for cheques up to the value of £500

Last edited by a moderator:
Very trusting of them. I know that when I deposit a cheque the machine just photographs it and the deposit shows in my account, but not in my available balance until it has been physically processed and cleared.

I suppose the cynic in me,suspects the people who designed it,have already sold out to the fraudsters who will inevitably be hacking it,right now:(

I can see an image forming in my head...of a thousand base-employees in retail...all smart-phoning the cheques they see,to Adobe then to perfection,at a later date...

Which is why i only accept bags of Nantucket Ship Trade Doubloons.

My 2 x local Bank of Scotland closed branch, now have to travel half hour to find one.
They have a machine inside that is half ATM, and half deposit. You can slide cheques into it, and it will read the handwriting and deposit into your account.

I prefer cash or BACS, but might buy one of those card readers that can take payment on the job

Anyone tried this?

What a great invention!

My business account is with Lloyds FWIW
I'm in the middle of Bodmin Moor in a tent. It's 11pm and thanks to you Murdoch I've just paid in a cheque :).
Bonkers!

My 2 x local Bank of Scotland closed branch, now have to travel half hour to find one.
They have a machine inside that is half ATM, and half deposit. You can slide cheques into it, and it will read the handwriting and deposit into your account.

I prefer cash or BACS, but might buy one of those card readers that can take payment on the job

My local Barclays refurbished a few years ago, to try apparently, to reduce the queues waiting for the tiller staff. You could wait for a fair few minutes to get served.

They got rid of all the tills, bar one (business accounts only), and installed about 5 touch screen deposit machines.

I now walk in with my cash (too honest for my own good) & cheque payments, to be met by a couple of staff 'good morning, can I help you?', 'no thanks I'll use the automated tills'. So I join the queue to use them, with that flippin Mrs Miggins x 3, being shown by members of staff how to use them, with a queue a mile long for the business only till, with people who ain't got a business account. Just put your flippin staff behind some tills :mad:

Progress! Rant over.

Thx to Murdoch i checked with Barclays and after a long call to Mumbai ( i think) i now have the app on my phone. Only 1 of my customers use cheques (as they make them....) so i have had a £90 invoice sat on my desk waiting for a convenient time to bank it. Tried the app but it wont have it. I think it may be because the cheque is a bit unique......

Reply to Paying in cheques using your smart phone .... in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net