Discuss PIR Light Switch on LED Spot Lights in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Spengler

DIY
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a downstairs toilet with two spotlights. I have recently replaced the MR16s with two GU10 LEDs. This has meant that my PIR makes the lights flash repeatedly.

I have another PIR in the utility which has 6 spotlights on (all GU10 LEDs) and this one works fine. I have tried swapping the switches around and I have the same problem, so the issue is with the lights in the downstairs toilet.

See image of the back of the light switch. It even has a Energy Saving Lamps setting, but it does not matter how I switch this I still get the same problem.

Someone on another forum solved the problem by inserting a standard GU10 bulb into one of the sockets, but I have tried this on both sockets and the lights just remain on continuously if I do that.

Does anyone have any idea on how I can solve this situation? The reason why I don't want to go back to a normal switch is my wife and kids leave this light on all the time and I am away a lot with work!

Attachments

• Picture11.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 5

Reply to PIR Light Switch on LED Spot Lights in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have 2 lights connected to 1 switch. I installed a led light fixture on one light, it had one red wire and one black wires. It was easy to match...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I have an outside light that is turned on with a switch from inside and would like to change it to a PIR version incorporating an...
Replies
Views
our dimmer switch stopped working after 7 years so went to replace it at the weekend. When I opened it up, the black wire was in the common slot...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm not sure if I'm over thinking this, but I can't seem to find the answer to what I believe should be a simple question. I picked up...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am restoring an old art deco, wall mount medicine cabinet. The cabinet has an 18” fluorescent light tube on each side. Before I put a lot...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock