Discuss poor light quality from Click integrated LED downlight in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

AJ16

-
DIY
Reaction score
I've just fitted five Click Interceptor Pico downlight in the lounge to replace Click MR16 fittings but the light is very flat compared to tungsten, the angle is far more than the 90º quoted so the light spills everywhere. What are people's views on these integrated LED downlight as I'm thinking of taking them out and getting Click GU10 Flameguard fittings as then there would be a choice of different lamps and angles than these integrated things.

I thought the big sell with LED lamps, was they will last years, apart from the odd JCC ones :)

So I can't understand the argument for using GU10's over a sealed or interfarted one. Thats a typo, but I felt like leaving it there.
I laughed far too much at that. Surely if it's correcting to that you must have typed interfarted before

I've just fitted five Click Interceptor Pico downlight in the lounge to replace Click MR16 fittings but the light is very flat compared to tungsten, the angle is far more than the 90º quoted so the light spills everywhere. What are people's views on these integrated LED downlight as I'm thinking of taking them out and getting Click GU10 Flameguard fittings as then there would be a choice of different lamps and angles than these integrated things.

If you are after something that closely resembles tungsten, these are pretty awesome:

Not cheap and they have a lower lumens per watt than many other LED GU10s (more like 35W equivalent than 50W as stated on the linked website) but they are the closest match I have seen.

I took them back to the electrical factors today and will get Click Flameguard fittings and then probably Megaman or Silvania GU10s, they might not have the same life as integrated LEDs but quality of light is important to most people.
Thanks

I took them back to the electrical factors today and will get Click Flameguard fittings and then probably Megaman or Silvania GU10s, they might not have the same life as integrated LEDs but quality of light is important to most people.
Thanks

Thats the rub @AJ16 all led lamps are the same, if you get my drift.

Thats the rub @AJ16 all led lamps are the same, if you get my drift.
Integrated LEDs are different from GU10s re light quality, the integrated ones with opal front lens just give an overall light spread, the better quality GU10s give more defined beam angles and a light output very similar to tungsten in my view.

Reply to poor light quality from Click integrated LED downlight in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net