SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Portable Appliance Testing with a Metrel MFT in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi, I am using my Metrel MI 3152 xc Eurotest MFT along with the Kewtech PAT adaptor plug and even after nulling the leads I am getting higher than the minimum 0.1 ohms when doing a class 1 earth bond test. Kettles and toasters are sometimes 0.46 ohms.
Can anyone offer any advice on this please?

Thanks

Andrew

UNG

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
How are you nulling the test setup if you are nulling the meter test leads and then connecting them to the Kewtech PAT adaptor then the problem may be the adaptor

As with any fault finding break down the test "loop" in sections until you find the resistance problem

In the past I have had similar faults on on a Metrel test lead set that caused some issues on continuity checks and was fixed by me resoldering the banana plug connections on the lead set

Reply to Portable Appliance Testing with a Metrel MFT in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net