Discuss pricing different ways in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

thekingiam

was just thinking as i do, when my sister had a quote for rewire sparky gave quote firstly on drop down pvc trunking everywhere i didn't like this method so i asked for another quote on chasing walls out i was told the price was the same.
so my question is in this type of scenario what would you charge?
the same as its only a 3bed terrace or would you lower price a bit for trunking or raise it.
by the way i can't spell scenario....is there a spell check here?

I suppose with the trunking method you have to pay for the materials but with the chasing method you have extra labour time. Circular saw and a sds on rotary stop, i probably wouldn't change the price to be honest :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I'd definite give a discount if it meant no chasing. The price difference between a length of oval conduit with a metal backbox and a length of mini trunking and a surface box has got to be next to nothing.
I hate chasing. You spend hours clearing up frikin rubble.

the only time i'd do a job in trunking would be for stevie wonder.

I may be abit masochistic but i tend to price more for surface trunking installs in the hope they'll go for chopped in.

Nothing wrong with surface trunking install's....i just dont like to see it hence hate installing it.

Cant say I've ever actually rewired a house and used mini trunking, or even ever suggested it to a client but it'd be an easy job

i done the job myself in the end i didn't like the idea of trunking at all, electrician described putting trunking to every light switch and every socket it would of been a mess.
after alot of deliberating trying to persuade them to have everything chased in decided all light switches to keep original cables in and connect to new supply, upstairs sockets trunking from floor through skirting so could be covered,downstairs rooms two trunking feeds discreetly in corner some plasterboard walls so ok, 1 or two sockets connected to original cable from above.
i think for all the messing about trying to make as little trunking drops as possible next time either chased or not at all.

Reply to pricing different ways in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock