Discuss Question about T&E and spotlights in my new build house. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

So I've just started to install some spotlights in a room in my house, and I always thought to use 1.5mm T&E so I've wired them all up and I've come to connect the main line in and noticed that it is 1.0 T&E. Am I okay to link the main line to my daisy chained spots on 1.5.

Some more information, the main line comes into the light switch and then out of the light switch to the next room, and then 1.0mm T&E to the existing light. As far as I can tell this is a radial circuit, the house was built last year if that helps.

Here's my poor attempt at a diagram.
IMG-6663.jpg

Last edited:
Yes. Its fine.
Not really much in it.

1.0mm is fine in a house where theres no heavy loads on lighting.. All LED fittings.. be lucky if theres even 1A being used.

1.5 was common years ago when there was a couple of 500W halogen floodlights tagged on the circuit somewhere for outside lights

Reply to Question about T&E and spotlights in my new build house. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello all, I wonder if I can get some opinion on my deliberations on an old TPN installation with numerous 1P sub-boards wired up with 16mm T&E...
Replies
Views
Hi all new here and hoping for some advice. I had added a new room to my house and want to add new spotlights and a new switch to the lighting...
Replies
Views
We have a room in the house that was the kitchen. That has been relocated to a different area, so the old kitchen has been sold off and the room...
Replies
Views
Can someone sanity check my thinking please.... An 80 amp PME service head, tails to meter, 25 sq mm tails into an enclosed fused isolator with...
Replies
Views
HI All, I am building a new house (self build) and have my part P so am running the cabling. My reading of the regs says that any appliance of...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock