Discuss Question re 3rd party certification in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

An apprentice can be left to undertake certain tasks, but ultimately their work should be checked before the job is 'signed off'

Does the apprentice work for the same company / business that have signed off the work?
At anytime was anyone from that company / business at the address where the work was done, either before the apprentice did the work, during or after?

An apprentice can be left to undertake certain tasks, but ultimately their work should be checked before the job is 'signed off'
Yes indeed apprentice is level 2 - 3rd party cert was due to be issued but certification man has had a breakdown (his wife let him ) so everything is up in the air with client - I have suggested a different contractor come to issue the cert because this issue will be dealt with and resolved much more quickly but client is refusing access thus far and thinks that someone is trying to do something underhand which clearly isn't the case imo if it was my house and the man who was issuing the pass cert who has been totally unreliable and has gone on the missing list I wouldn't have faith in him.

Does the apprentice work for the same company / business that have signed off the work?
At anytime was anyone from that company / business at the address where the work was done, either before the apprentice did the work, during or after?
Apprentice works for the company 3rd party cert being issued from an independent more detail in about post to Dusty dazzler

Apprentice works for the company 3rd party cert being issued from an independent more detail in about post to Dusty dazzler

missed your last question yes before during and after

No apprentice does not work for man signing off - someone there before during and after

For third party certification your supposed to be present at each stage of the job, i have done it before, but have continually monitored and instructed on the job from start to end. There is no way a third party should sign off an apprentice from another companies work on the basis of "trust me bro"

For third party certification your supposed to be present at each stage of the job, i have done it before, but have continually monitored and instructed on the job from start to end. There is no way a third party should sign off an apprentice from another companies work on the basis of "trust me bro"
The job was monitored through whole process

Just to update the thread based on the pm i received from op, seems apprentice was watched by the guy from same company and was then going to sign off, but he is no longer available so they want another electrician to sign it off, that hasnt been involved thus far, as far as i can make out! So id say that shouldnt happen as he gasnt been present? They need to wait for original team to certify imo

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Question re 3rd party certification in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock