Discuss Questions about "price per point" for domestic in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I'm usually a bit less than Dusty, then again most people are 😉. This time I would say £65 per light is similar to what I would charge. Huge guess though, as you havent mentioned if floorboards are up, if you are replacing holes made in ceiling to get past joists, type of light being fitted (huge range in cost) etc. So... approx £390 (for half decent downlights).

I'm usually a bit less than Dusty, then again most people are 😉. This time I would say £65 per light is similar to what I would charge. Huge guess though, as you havent mentioned if floorboards are up, if you are replacing holes made in ceiling to get past joists, type of light being fitted (huge range in cost) etc. So... approx £390 (for half decent downlights).

I think some folk have my rates confused , my £80 per hour is a 'call-out' rate where I am doing a job 'blind' so to speak where I have no clue what I am walking into, like a board change.

If I know the customer and I know the house and if the job is going to be nice and easy then I will try to work to about £40 per hour + materials

I think some folk have my rates confused , my £80 per hour is a 'call-out' rate where I am doing a job 'blind' so to speak where I have no clue what I am walking into, like a board change.

If I know the customer and I know the house and if the job is going to be nice and easy then I will try to work to about £40 per hour + materials
No offense meant Dusty. Just a playful jibe as you seem like you can take it 🙂

Reply to Questions about "price per point" for domestic in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys. It would be really useful to run this past you and get a consensus/input from you for what would be a realistic amount to charge for an...
Replies
Views
Looking for a bit of advice from the wider audience / those who may have done similar before. I entered the game a bit later / in a non...
Replies
Views
Been asked to price for a job, customer is having attic done out so needs a few new circuits up there. Some more context I'm based in South Wales...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I'm just looking for a bit of advice regarding our meter. EDF keep badgering us to have a smart meter fitted, and they recently...
Replies
Views
I hope this is the right place to post this, please redirect me if not. I've spent quite some time reading the forums, so I apologize if I've...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock