Discuss RCD earth leakage meter. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

The problem with buying a down market piece of kit, it soon becomes inadequate for the task you need to do next, I found its best to go at least middle of the road straight away and then upgrade to the top of the line when required, you do get what you pay for.

Last edited:
The TEK775 is good and I recommend it. It's completely a one-trick-pony for me, but it does that trick well.
Before I had it I just used the ramp test on an MFT with various loads connected to see what the trip current was. I also kept an old Megger CBT2 as it can 'add' 3,5,6,10,15,30 etc fault current and quickly give some idea how much headroom is in the circuit.

The HandyMAN TEK775 is probably best value for money, assuming you only need AC currents measured. Looks identical to the Dilog DL6518 (which I have but costs much more than the TEK775).

If you need DC measuring there is much less choice and much higher prices, this one gives 1mA resolution and up to 40A AC & DC
that's only a 1mA resolution. my 1mA jobbydoes d.c. also and cost a fraction of that... about £75.

I have one of these, very similar to tel's, 1ma resolution and the same drawback very small jaw width will just squeeze in 2x 25mm cables but they have to be in exactly the right spot to do it and there's not always enough slack to manipulate them where you want them!
Didn't get mine from TLC but it was about 75quid a year or so ago.
Has been a very handy bit of kit!

Reply to RCD earth leakage meter. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock